Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Veritaserum (All Years)

Go down 
+8
jadeclearwater
Professor Flitwick
Ashe Mimmeaux
Nicholas Ravenclaw
Draco Malfoy
Josephine Lycos
hermione granger
Professor Severus Snape
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Temp4710
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgVeritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpg
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2vblx61thjpg
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Angelic
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 011
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:15 pm

"Wonderful. Filius, 30 points to Hufflepuff, by the way, I would like to ask you a question, would death eaters or those accused by the ministry willingly take Veritaserum? The answer would be no, is isnt the colorless feature of this potion, a good way of tackling and understanding the truth?
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff
Badges : Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgVeritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpg
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Bored
Hogsmeade Items : None
Status Message : Im small like a dwarf, with a long coat, and very long shoes, who am I ? Im Professor Flitwick !
House Points : 304

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:31 am

"Yes it is but it can still be a bad thing about the Potion"

Flitqwick
Back to top Go down
jadeclearwater
Ist Year
Ist Year
jadeclearwater

Slytherin
Badges : Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgVeritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpgVeritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2vblx61thjpg
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Fine
House Points : 161

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:20 pm

*jade raises her hand*
Professor, I think on a positive note for this potion could be in great use for convicted murderers or other criminals on their way to Azkaban. During the time of their interrogation, the potion can be used to stimulate the mind of the convicted and perhaps lead to a future justice. If he confesses, he is on their way to Azkaban.

I think on a con note, I see the potion as an invasion of privacy. Let's say for example, one of the Pop Star witches has a new boyfriend and she doesn't want him exposed to the wizarding world media. I think that it would be wrong for a writer of the Daily Prophet to pour the potion in their drink during an interview, and there the potion manipulates the star's free will to their own privacy.

((I apologies if this was already an answer.))
Back to top Go down
Pansy Parkinson
Ist Year
Ist Year
Pansy Parkinson

Slytherin
Badges : Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ngev12thjpg
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpg
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Happy
House Points : 140

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:08 pm

I Sat there quietly and listened to what everyone was saying. I decided that one pro was that if I were a life ir death situation you could get answers. A con would be its what they believe which is not necessarily th truth.
Back to top Go down
Professor Shannon Fine
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Shannon Fine

Slytherin
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Flirty
House Points : 185

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 pm

i sat there listening when finally i stepped in.
"Well I think that it is ok to use veritaserum under sercumstance. Only for a trial though. and only questions like, did you do this, did you see who did it, are you positive thats who did it? so on and so forth. It seems that only under those sercumstances should veritaserum be used."
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
2nd Year
2nd Year
Nymphadora Tonks

Slytherin
Badges : Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgVeritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpg
Status Message : “Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
House Points : 1046

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Tonks walked into class, trying not to be noticed by Professor Snape. She was late... again
She raised her hand. "Veritaserum, pros... The person who drinks MUST tell the truth. It is clear, so it is easy to slip into somebody's tea. Another good thing, is that it could be used on Death Eaters, so that we can find out more about Voldemort. Some cons are that the person drinking it only tells what they believe, not necessarily what is the truth. Veritaserum is also a very complicated potion to make. It takes a while too. In my opinion, it is a very useful, and is a good potion. It is a potion that has many pros, but also has many cons. It all depends on perspective." Said Tonks quickly
Back to top Go down
Professor Shannon Fine
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Shannon Fine

Slytherin
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Flirty
House Points : 185

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:24 pm

" Thats True. Though it can be useful, it can also be pointless. The person that consumed it can only tell what they think or think they know. SO therefore, you can never really be sure if you are getting truth or not...." Shannon spoke loudly to be herd
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Temp4710
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgVeritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpg
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 2vblx61thjpg
Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:40 am

50 Points to each of you Lilly, Shannon and Nymphadora!

Now Hurry Up, this class is closed!

Ps- I have updated the thread!
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Nymphadora Tonks
2nd Year
2nd Year
Nymphadora Tonks

Slytherin
Status Message : “Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
House Points : 1046

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Sir, you never put my points on the thread, did I do something wrong?
Back to top Go down
Lola Lust
Ist Year
Ist Year
Lola Lust

Hufflepuff
House Points : 27

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Maybe occlumency is the answer? The bad things about the potions is that not everyone are good at doing them. That means the Veritaserum could turn into a poison if it was not properly made. That's why if one can use occlumency well, it's a more relayable way and also it can really[i] rip out the truth - not only the truth as the victim sees it, but the truth itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum (All Years)   Veritaserum (All Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Veritaserum (All Years)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2