Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Dittanny (All Years, Class Five)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Temp4710
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) 2ngev12thjpgDittanny (All Years, Class Five) 2ii97rmthjpg
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) 2vblx61thjpg
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Angelic
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) 011
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Empty
PostSubject: Dittanny (All Years, Class Five)   Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:30 am

In this class you will explore dittany and the many important qualities it continas for potion making.

1. What is dittany and what is it used for? (10)

2. What else is dittany known as and why? (10)

3. Name at least one other potion in which dittany is used and why you think it's properties are needed in the potion. (20)

4. Describe two situations in the Harry Potter books where dittany was used, why it was neccessary, and how succesful it was (at least 200 words each). (40)

5. Come up with a situation of your own in which dittany would need to be used and the results you could expect (20)

Total Possible points: 100
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
minerva m.
Ist Year
Ist Year
minerva m.

Gryffindor
Badges : Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) 2ngev12thjpgDittanny (All Years, Class Five) 2ii97rmthjpg
Hogsmeade Items : None
Status Message : love to learn
House Points : 47

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Dittanny (All Years, Class Five)   Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 pm

1) dittany is a magical plant used in potion making and is a powerful restorative.
2) burning bush
3) wiggenweld potion- because it cures minor damage
4) in book 6 "the half blood prince" Harry potter attacked draco malfoy with the curse sectumsempra. Dracos appearance was described as if he had been attacked with an imagery sword. the curse was created by professor severus snape under the alias of the half blood prince for use against his enemies. Dittany was used to prevent scaring but it must be used immediately. Dittany was very successful in this case.
In 1997 Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Harry Potter infiltrated the Ministry of Magic. Where they stole the necklace from Mrs. Umbridge and apperated out after being chased. During apparation Ron's arm was splinched and Hermione uaded dittany to heal Ron's wounds. It was very successful in healing Ron.
5) if you were attacked and had multiple lacerations you could use dittany and it would make the cuts look like they were multiple days old.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Temp4710
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) 2ngev12thjpgDittanny (All Years, Class Five) 2ii97rmthjpg
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) 2vblx61thjpg
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Dittanny (All Years, Class Five)   Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Excellent Minerva 20 points to Gryffindor!
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Draco Malfoy
4th Year
4th Year
Draco Malfoy

Slytherin
Remarks : Top Points Earner (April 2010) Registered Animagi : Steingear the Phoenix
Badges : Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Temp2710
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Tpe10
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Runn10
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) 2vblx61thjpgDittanny (All Years, Class Five) Red_ci10
Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Chatty
Hogsmeade Items : None
Status Message : We have an Ocean to study, we have a lake of lessons, we study a pond, we score a droplet, Then why study?....Lets just enjoy life!!!!
House Points : 2324

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Dittanny (All Years, Class Five)   Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:33 am

Dittany is a magical plant used in Potion-making, and is a powerful restorative. Its use makes fresh skin grow over a wound, and after application, the wound seems several days old. Shredded Dittany is an ingredient in the creation of the Wiggenweld Potion. Also known as Burning Bush, it sometimes releases flammable vapours.

Severus Snape suggested that Draco Malfoy use it after Harry Potter's attack on him using Sectumsempra, saying it may prevent any lasting scarring, if taken immediately

Ditanny was reportedly used when Ron accidently cut his hands while apprating to the forest while the trio risked enetering the Minitry Of Magic to meet Dolores Umbridge, Then undersecretary to the Minister of Magic and the Muggle born commission

While i was walking through the corridors, I saw a big Log coming down to me from now where, being so scarred i stared at that, and it cam heiiting me, shaving a peice of flesh close to my hands, I screamed in pain and bleeded like hell! I immediately went to the potions lab and poured some dittany juice over the hurt, and it worked wonders!!

Dittany is also used for floral arrangement in wizarding houses as it have excellent aesthetic beauty and unmatched fragrance. It is used for the wiggenweld potion along with ingredients such as flobberworms
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubbies.forummotion.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dittanny (All Years, Class Five)   Dittanny (All Years, Class Five) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dittanny (All Years, Class Five)
Page 1 of 1