Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)

Go down 
+6
nevillelongbottom
Ned Clearwater
Ron Weasley
Professor Severus Snape
hermione granger
Professor Remus Lupin
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff
Badges : Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ii97rmthjpgTransfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2vblx61thjpg
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Fine
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 011
House Points : 317

Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Empty
PostSubject: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:26 pm

I walked into my old classroom, and saw rows of studants, i drew my wand out, and pointed it at a pile of dusty books. "Turn to page 64, now!" i snarled. i picked up my own copy of the book.
turned to the page 64, started to read.

Only very powerful and skilled wizards are able to become Animagi. The process of becoming an Animagus is long and arduous, and has the potential to backfire and cause the transformation to go horribly wrong. Once the initial training is over, an Animagus can change at will at any time, with or without a wand.

Animagi can only take on the form of one specific animal. This animal form is not chosen by the wizard, but determined by their personality and inner traits. Thus, one's Animagus form is a reflection of one's inner nature. It is unknown whether Animagi can take the form of a more "magical" creature.

Home Work:

Discribe a Animagus. (extra points for detail)

Extra: Talk about you would like to be, if you were a Animagus.

-Lupin
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Mot10
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ii97rmthjpg
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2vblx61thjpg
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Red_ci10
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Crappy
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:13 pm

An Animagus (pl. Animagi) is a witch or wizard who can morph him or herself into a specific animal at will. It is a learned, rather than hereditary, skill, unlike those of a Metamorphmagus. All known Animagi in the series take the same form as their Patronus. It is unknown whether all do.

James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew were illeagel animagus's. James Potter (Prongs.) would form into a Great stag. Sirius black (Padfoot) would form into a black dog Thus being able to communicate with hermione's cat. Peter Petigrew ( his nick name i cant quite remember) would form into a Rat that ron named, Scabbers.

Some people mistake a werewolf as a animagus but they are completely different. To be a werewolf u must have been bitten by a werewolf. Most humans are bitten as kids.But to be an animagi u have to train and get the skills just to be able to morph correctly.

EXTRA:
I have learned by studying this subject that It's quite hard to learn how to morph this way. Alot of people would like to be an Animagi but Some think it's to hard. I thought hard about the question " What animagi would you be if u could be one?" here is what i decided.....

If i could be an animagi what would i be? Well it would have to be something that inspires me, something that i feel could seem to be myself. I have decided that if i could be one that i would be an owl... My reason? Well i dont want to be an owl for idiotic reasons like being able to fly or being able to carry my own messages. I would want to be an owl so that i could fly around and look for danger. I feel that everyone deserves to be safe. And that not much people would suspect an owl. I would swoop down and land in a tree. Then i would morph back to normal and jump to the ground. Once the enemy asks how i had gotten there and found him i would say, "this is no time for play but time to fight." then the fighting wold begin. I would fight no matter if i got killed or not. As long as i kew that i was trying to protect people I would fight. This is my reason to be an owl hope you enjoyed this!
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Temp4710
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ii97rmthjpg
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 pm

Ordinary Transfiguration of a human into an animal's shape results in the human having an animal's brain, and thus being unable to remember what he or she was supposed to be doing (QA1, although Draco Malfoy's experience in GF13 is worth considering since he was apparently able to retain enough of his faculties to try to reach the dungeons while in ferret form). Retaining one's human mental capacities while still taking on an animal's form is a highly advanced form of Transfiguration, and can go horribly wrong . Consequently, those who can master this Transfiguration are quite rare in the wizarding world; they are referred to as Animagi. More precisely, an Animagus is a witch or wizard who has the ability to Transfigure herself/himself into an animal at will while retaining her/his mental powers, such as the ability to think as a human.

The Animagus Transfiguration can be performed wandlessly, since Sirius was able to accomplish it in Azkaban when his own wand was long gone (PA19). It is possible for another witch or wizard who is sufficiently knowledgeable to force an Animagus to Transfigure from animal shape back into human shape; the incantation (if any) for the spell is not currently known, but it is accompanied by a flash of light around the target Animagus. If used on a true animal, the "resume natural shape" spell would have no effect.

An Animagus' physical condition as an animal reflects his or her physical condition in human shape. For example, Peter Pettigrew's rat Animagus form lacked a toe on one of his front paws because he had lost a finger . (It is not known how his artificial hand later appeared in his Animagus form.)

An Animagus retains his or her clothing, spectacles, and so on throughout the transformation, disappearing when the Animagus is in animal shape but reappearing when human shape is resumed. Sirius, for example, when Transfiguring into human shape for a meeting with Harry, Ron, and Hermione outside Hogsmeade, retained his wizard's robes . Possibly the Transfiguration process moves the clothing into wizard space while the Animagus is in animal shape, but we simply don't know the details of how this works. In some cases items such as spectacles may affect the animal's appearance. For example, both Minerva McGonagall and Rita Skeeter wear spectacles in human shape, and these are not only transformed with the Animagus but in these two cases form part of the resulting animal's markings

What Would I be?

I would be a Dove,because i can represent peace,fly forward with all glory, and swoop, dont you think it would be cool? A white dove flying everyehere, atleast, flying is my most wanted quality!
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:41 pm

I put my head on my desk as professor snape handed his parchment in. I saw a glimpse of it and hid my eyes behind my arms
Back to top Go down
Ron Weasley
Ist Year
Ist Year
Ron Weasley

Ravenclaw
Badges : Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ii97rmthjpg
Hogsmeade Items : None
Status Message : Bored
House Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:49 am

The Newspaper Writer Rita Kimmkorn is an illegal Animagus
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:52 am

I stared into space for a minute... than i pulled out my pintominoes and layed with them
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff
Badges : Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2ii97rmthjpgTransfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) 2vblx61thjpg

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:47 am

"Well, well, you have learned alot." I Said.

30 Points To Gryffindor!

35 Points To Slytherin

5 Points To RavenClaw

Lupin
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:32 am

ILook up from my pintominoes with gleaming black eyes and say, "Thenk you fprofessor" I quickly look down and play with my pintominoes more
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:48 am

Well then, can someone tell me what this diffrence is between a Animagus, and a Werewolf.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Temp4710
Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:53 am

Animagus can transfigure itself at will, though Werewolves cant?
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 am

To become a werewolf u have to be bitten. To become an animagi u have to train alot
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:07 am

15 Points To Slytherin

15 Points To Gryffindor!
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:16 am

thank you sir..." I sat there being hapy that i knew so much of this subject
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:58 am

I was so bored i accidently burst out asking.. "what do we do now?" i waited silently
Back to top Go down
Ned Clearwater
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw
House Points : 43

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 4:16 am

With a slight hint of fear, i humbly knocked the door, and making sure enough force was put to be heard by the Professor.

"I hope he is in a good mood, I really hope he is." i mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 4:20 am

"Hello Ned" I said.
"Take your seat please"

Lupin
Back to top Go down
Ned Clearwater
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:17 am

"Thank you Professor." i replied with great humility.

"Professor, i would like to share a piece of my mind on the question at hand, well about the difference between an Animagus and a Werewolf." i said to the professor, hoping that he wants to hear what i'm about to say.
Back to top Go down
Ned Clearwater
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:16 am

"Well here goes" i said to the professor and with my answer,

"Animagus is a wizard or a witch that can transfrom him/her self into a desired animal form at will; although i believe it cannot be earned by mere hereditary trait, it can be learned however, through sheer training, not to mention all of the risks involved; the process of becoming an Animagus is long and arduous, and has the potential to backfire and cause the transformation to go horribly wrong. Once the initial training is over, an Animagus can change at will at any time, with or without a wand. With that being said, an Animagus is different from a Werewolf, except of course for the fact that they both involve transformation." i answered with great confidence and a grin up to my ears.

"Now let us take a look at werewolves. a Werewolf is a human who, upon the rising of a full moon, turns itself involuntarily into a fearsome demiwolf; Werewolves can barely be distinguished from a normal wolf, because of it's sapient form it retains from it's original physical form of a human."

"Although it is widely believed that when a turned werewolf wounded you by scratching you in your limbs, body (etc.) you instantly become infected; however, that is not how the infection is spread, the accurate term for the illness is called Lycanthropy, Lycanthropy is a magical illness known to be spread by saliva-blood contact; thus, a human bitten by a werewolf in wolf form will become a werewolf him or herself."

"that is all i can say about the subject Professor, I hope you are contented with my answer" after speaking, i sat down quitely and thought of how great i did in my answer.
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:48 am

"Very good, Very good indeed."

50 Points To Ravenclaw

I am about to ask you all a question, and you've go to decide if it's True or false.

Is a Werewolf the same as a Animagus?

Last edited by Professor Remus Lupin on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ned Clearwater
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:17 am

"In my own belief Professor, I do not think that they are worth comparing at all" i suddenly spoke to the Professor with a calm tone. "The Reason i say so Professor is that; beside from the fact that they both involve one self to transform, the two subjects are really like the sky and the earth." I paused briefly, then continues answering.

"Animagus can transform AT will, in VARIOUS animal forms; while Werewolves are FORCED to transform when a full moon arises; werewolves consider themselves cursed by this form; I therefore conclude that an Animagi and a Werewolf NOT the same." after answering, i sit down and look to the Professor.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:52 am

Werewolves and animagi arent the same. Animagi may morph at will while a werewolf cant...
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:59 pm

30 Points To Ravenclaw

30 Points To Gryffindor
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:00 pm

I sit there bored.. i accidentally blurt out. "anything else we can do..
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:05 pm

"Name all the unregistered Animagi"
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:08 pm

James potter (prong) morphs into a... white stag i believe..
Sirius black (padfoot) morphs into a black dog
Peter pettigrew (worltail) morphs into a rat known as scabbers...
thats all i know of
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)   Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years) Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration Class 6 (1st and 2nd Years)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next