Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Transfiguration (Class 3)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor
Remarks : The Only Wizard Lord Voldemort Ever Feared.
Badges : Transfiguration (Class 3) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration (Class 3) 2ii97rmthjpgTransfiguration (Class 3) 2vblx61thjpg
Transfiguration (Class 3) Relaxed
Transfiguration (Class 3) 011
House Points : 745

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 10

Transfiguration (Class 3) Empty
PostSubject: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:06 pm

*flicks his wand at the black board letters begin to appear* Note down everyone.
Its always fascinating to learn about these kind of human transfiguration but you all are too young to be trying to master this, so any kind of experiment is strictly forbidden and those who wish to remain in school will be advised not to... *clears hos throat and speaks*
An Animagus is a witch or wizard who can turn into a particular animal or magical creature at will. This ability is not innate: it must be acquired by magical means. All Animagi must register at a central authority; it is illegal to obtain this ability without registering. *chuckles*
Each Animagus has a specific animal form, and cannot transform into any other animal. The animal cannot be chosen: it is uniquely suited to that individual's personality, like the Patronus Charm, and in some cases the Animagus will change into the same animal used in the person's Patronus charm . Similarly, when an Animagus transforms it is always into the same animal (i.e. same markings, same colours, etc.). When an Animagus registers, they must record all the defining physical traits of their animal form so that the Ministry can identify them.
*smiles and flicks his wand and the letters reorder*

Explicit emphasis is made on the differences between Animagi and werewolves. Animagi have full control over their transformations and retain their minds, whereas werewolves' transformations are involuntary and include severe changes in personality. After the person has transformed into a werewolf, he no longer remembers who he is; he would kill his best friend if he got anywhere near him. A werewolf only responds to the call of his own kind. The only way that a werewolf can retain his sanity, intelligence and memory while transformed is using the Wolfsbane Potion.

Also, an animagus is not the same as a wizard simply transfiguring themselves into an animal. The former ability, as mentioned above, allows the witch or wizard to maintain their own mind and human powers of reasoning and memory. The latter however would cause the person to gain the brain of the animal they have transfigured into. This would lead to the obvious problem that they would forget that they were a wizard and be trapped, unknowing, in this form for the rest of that creature's life-span unless transformed back by another wizard.

*grins* That would be wonderful,eh? I would like all of you to take a good enough look at...this! *flicks his wand once again and a photograph appears*

A perfect example of Animagi...

Transfiguration (Class 3) Padfoottosiriusblack.th

For Homework, I would like all of you to write about an animagi you know about..
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Transfiguration (Class 3) Mot10
Transfiguration (Class 3) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration (Class 3) 2ii97rmthjpg
Transfiguration (Class 3) 2vblx61thjpg
Transfiguration (Class 3) Red_ci10
Transfiguration (Class 3) Crappy
Transfiguration (Class 3) 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:26 pm

James potter was an illegal animagi. He transformed into a stag at the age of 15. this was so he could go with lupin when he transformed into a werewolf.

Peter pettigrew was also an illegal animagi. he transformed into a rat( also knoen as scabbers,rons pet rat. he also went with lupin when he transformed into a were wolf.
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Transfiguration (Class 3) Temp4710
Transfiguration (Class 3) Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:29 pm

I was just In Time to enter into class to hear Professor Dumbldore talking about animagis.I took out a parchment and started writing my lecture, it looked Like this .

Professor Minerva Mcgonagal

Minerva taking her animagus form.
Animagus: Being an Animagus gave Minerva the ability to transform into the form of a silver tabby cat at will. She often used this ability when she did not wish to be recognised. An example of this usage was when she spied on the Dursley family before Albus Dumbledore brought Harry Potter to them. When Hermione Granger searched for Animagus references in her third year, she saw that McGonagall was one of the few registered Animagi in the 20th century. On his notes regarding The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Albus Dumbledore states that Minerva asked him to explain that, while Animagi are usually people who seek to avoid punishment when they've broken the law, she merely became one to further her research on all branches of Transfiguration.
A shoot of Minerva McGonagall.

I also got a picture I took in class to be added with the parchment, which i found in the backpack, hoping for more Points

Transfiguration (Class 3) 220px-Professor_McGonagall_Transf

Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor
Badges : Transfiguration (Class 3) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration (Class 3) 2ii97rmthjpgTransfiguration (Class 3) 2vblx61thjpg

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 1:02 am

Albus went through Hermione's parchment and then gave her a stiff nod,"not bad Miss Granger but I'd have expected more from a student of your calibre" He smiled,"This will fetch you 5 points for Gryffindor!
Albus continued his correction and reached Severus',"That was good Severus but the last bit was unnecessary..i am not too sure about how Prof.Mcgonagall would react if she saw this" he said, pointing at his picture,"in your homwork..she doesnt want that."He smiled and said,"Thats good enough for 10 points to Slytherin!"
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:54 am

"Thankyou Professor Dumbledore" I murmered and then turned to sit in my desk back ,beacuse I was not so sure if He finished his classes, but then I was confused because he never said anything else nor did close classes, so I turned back...atleast thats the Only thing I could do....Though I was perfectly happy at my house points and to more of my amazement thought so that My house will win the Cup!!!.....I waited patiently.....
Back to top Go down
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 am

Abus chuckled at the expressions that ran through Severus' face. He smiled and walked around the classes to check out the other students and once he'd finished doing that, he decided to call it a day. "We shall stop it here students. Goodday to you all" He flicked his wand and the board became empty and the windows started closing,"I would insist on more revisions and less enjoyment but I know most of you tend to disagree with me. Anyways Class Dispersed!"
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:47 am

I giggle seeing the look ok professor snape's face. I stay in my seat and cant speak. Then i smile weakly because of all the burns still hurting.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:57 am

I was wondering why Ms Granger never exited the class room, but then , I took my stacks of book and out my wand back to my robs and then took my back pack to hurry back to the great hall, The moment I stepped out of the class, i asked Ms Granger, who followed me "How did the Class go, Ms Granger?"...Personally i think "It was very good, but then i think you seriously need to take the homework a bit serious" and I waited if she would ever answer...

Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 am

i looked at professor snape wierdly. shouldnt he know that im not sposed to talk in my condition? but i wrte on a small piece of parchment " i liked class and i thought your homework was alot better than mine" I then grabbed my brand new crutches and carefully walked past professor snape.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 am

I was baffled at her note, and was very surprised how I forgot her hopeless condition that made her such and Lamentable Potion majer, though I was proud at performing in my homework better that Gryffindors.....I walked past her and then turned the curve to disspear from her eyes while I was sure, she was lagging behind and thought I would have helped here...I gave a hearty laugh to myself and went to the Great hall for my Meal....
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:01 am

Points Scored in This Class

SLYTHERIN 10 Points

GRYFFINDOR 5 Points

CLASS CLOSED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (Class 3)   Transfiguration (Class 3) Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration (Class 3)
Page 1 of 1