Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Special Classes~ Weather Charms!

Go down 
+2
Malcolm Branstone
Professor Severus Snape
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Special Classes~ Weather Charms! Temp4710
Special Classes~ Weather Charms! 2ngev12thjpgSpecial Classes~ Weather Charms! 2ii97rmthjpg
Special Classes~ Weather Charms! 2vblx61thjpg
Special Classes~ Weather Charms! Angelic
Special Classes~ Weather Charms! 011
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

Special Classes~ Weather Charms! Empty
PostSubject: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:35 am

"Welcome To The Second Special Class, hosted in Hogwarts" Said Professor Severus Snape and flicked his wands and It appeared on the Blackboard. I continued " Today, we will hold a discussion cum Debate class on Weather Charms. The Points of discussion here is, answering the following Questions-

1-By Using Weather Charms, aren't we messing with The Nature, altering its most solemn rules ?

2-To What Use would The Wizarding World, put these Weather charms to?

3- Why not make a Hurricane, instead of Rain, through charms!! Shouldnt be their use, regulated by the Ministry of Magic?

" Well, let The Discussion Begin!!"
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Malcolm Branstone
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw
Badges : Special Classes~ Weather Charms! 2ngev12thjpgSpecial Classes~ Weather Charms! 2ii97rmthjpgSpecial Classes~ Weather Charms! 2vblx61thjpg
Hogsmeade Items : None
House Points : 74

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Malcolm raised his hand, and eagerly gave an answer "For the first question sir, not exactly. If it was kept unchecked, of course it would. But, limits and restrictions on the magic would make sure that it could only be used for beneficial purposes. An example would be using the spell to improve weather conditions, or make an area more hospitable.

For the second question, sir, we would be able to create scenarios to test new witches and wizards (environments in which people may have to deal with). Similar to a Muggle training ground.

Finally, the third question. All magic should be regulated to a certain degree, so yes it would be kept under control by the Ministry."

Malcolm paused for a moment, "Of course sir, this is all hypothetical?"
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Special Classes~ Weather Charms! 2ngev12thjpgSpecial Classes~ Weather Charms! 2ii97rmthjpg

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:15 am

But , Dont you think Mr Branstone, that we already have altered its Rules, and we are paying for Them? Dont you think, weather charms are something, we should Use at all?
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Branstone
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw
Badges : Special Classes~ Weather Charms! 2ngev12thjpgSpecial Classes~ Weather Charms! 2ii97rmthjpgSpecial Classes~ Weather Charms! 2vblx61thjpg

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:07 am

"Well yes, sir," Malcolm answered, "We, as people, have altered the weather in many ways (not including magic). In response to the second questions, yes, they should be used if truly necessary, but in limitations."
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:13 am

"And How Do You think Mr.Branstone The ministry can regulate Its Use?" And her Further Continued "I of course understand its beneficial, these kind of magic, but then it still reflects our arrogancy and cruelty towards nature! and you are not saying me, that's something Good!"
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Branstone
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:15 am

"Well, by selecting who could use the charms, instead of it being a well-known subject," suggested Malcom, "But I do agree, it is a very forceful thing to put upon nature."
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:30 am

I raised my eyes "By selecting who could perform it? But then still we are altering nature and that, sometimes power make people corruptive, Am I right?, so what use is it off?"
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Special Classes~ Weather Charms! Mot10
Special Classes~ Weather Charms! Red_ci10
Special Classes~ Weather Charms! Crappy
Special Classes~ Weather Charms! 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:33 pm

i thought fer a second before i spoke.... "I kinda agree with you prfessor...." I quickly cover my mouth with my hands and start banging my head on my desk so i can finish what i was saying. I whispered " stupid stupid stupid." to myself ....
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:18 am

"Are you Fine Ms Granger? Are you sure you dont want to go to the Hospital wing?" asked Professor Snape while coldly looking at Ms Granger, for distracting his class
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Branstone
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 am

"Well, it could sir.: replied Malcolm, "That's why the Ministry should take great care in who they choose for the position. I'm not really sure sir, I'm not the Ministry. Also, just because it corrupts, doesn't mean the value of such a skill is lessened. Magic itself can corrupt, but the professors here haven't stopped teaching it, have they sir?"
Back to top Go down
Skylar Xaroth
Ist Year
Ist Year

Slytherin
House Points : 166

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:55 am

Sits there watching his sister holding back his laugh "Take her anywhere that won't distract me. please"
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:18 am

"Thankyou Black, but I believe she will also have the right to sit in my class just as you do" and I continued asking Mr Branstone "Thats a well defined Points Mr Branstone, I had a fix on that and therefore 30 points to Ravenclaw!" and I continued :Mr Branstone, we will award you more points for your answers but just for an extra bonus point, could you give us a method on how these charms can be regulated?"
Back to top Go down
Skylar Xaroth
Ist Year
Ist Year

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:24 am

Quote :
1-By Using Weather Charms, aren't we messing with The Nature, altering its most solemn rules ?

yes, yes we are in fact. But in some cases, it may be better. like when a strong cold is coming in the middle of fall, changing the weather may help the farmers get their crops harvested before the next strong cold comes in

Quote :
2-To What Use would The Wizarding World, put these Weather charms to?
well for example, to make a good christmas, making it snow would look a little cool. or making a powerful lightning storm on halloween would be awesome...

Quote :
3- Why not make a Hurricane, instead of Rain, through charms!! Shouldnt be their use, regulated by the Ministry of Magic?
Hurricanes cause too much destruction to nearby cities. so it would be better to make it rain for days then to make a hurricane
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:30 am

Quote :

yes, yes we are in fact. But in some cases, it may be better. like when a strong cold is coming in the middle of fall, changing the weather may help the farmers get their crops harvested before the next strong cold comes in
Does that make us so arrogant , Black? wouldnt It Cause More Problems for other groups which prays that the raid doesnot pour? Like for Cacti cultivators?

Quote :

well for example, to make a good christmas, making it snow would look a little cool. or making a powerful lightning storm on halloween would be awesome...
honestly, I dont Think People appreciate Cold Season?

Quote :

Hurricanes cause too much destruction to nearby cities. so it would be better to make it rain for days then to make a hurricane
Rains also cause damage , Mr.Black
Back to top Go down
Skylar Xaroth
Ist Year
Ist Year

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:35 am

well if you can change weather with a charm, im sure you would be able to conrtol the intensity and the location of the weather. am i wrong?

during Christmas, most people love for it to snow. Actually, Alot of people hope it does snow on christmas!

rain doesnt cause near as much damage as a hurricane.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm Branstone
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:53 am

Professor Severus Snape wrote:
ould you give us a method on how these charms can be regulated?

"By choosing a select few from different schools," Malcolm pondered, "Perhaps by teaching the basics as a class, and see who could perform the spells efficiently, are ready to graduate, and who have the most trust in the wizarding community. I'm not really sure, but it would be something along those lines."
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 pm

I look at my brother and whisper something.... i watch as his desk burst into flames. i smiled brightly and then said... " y are yall taling bout scvhools now???"
Back to top Go down
Skylar Xaroth
Ist Year
Ist Year

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Dragon then whispers something to reverse her spell
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:19 pm

i smirked at my brother and then whispered a spell that made the fire expand and i fell to the ground as the fire attacked me and whispered "Aguamenti " making the flames leave as the water sprayed out... i looed around in pain knowing that i was covered in burns and said.. " i didnt try to do that... I was trying to practice the Expulso charm but i guess i was thinking of the wrong spell at the time... I will take any punishment that i deserve..." I sat up and looked at the burnt remains of my desk. I quickly ran out of the room and into an empty room.
Back to top Go down
Skylar Xaroth
Ist Year
Ist Year

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:22 pm

professor, should i chase after her?
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:23 pm

i call back from the class room and yell.. " STAY AWAY FROM ME DRAGON!"
Back to top Go down
Skylar Xaroth
Ist Year
Ist Year

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:26 pm

looks away and goes back to work thinking, man, i hope she doesnt lose house points for disrupting class
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:54 am

"DETENTIONS MS GRANGER!!!! for disrupting my Classroom, if you have anything towards your brother, then shun it within your dormitories and not My Classrooms!, as of now Dragon, 10 Points to Ravenclaw for self control" shouted Professor Snape and Walked to Miss Granger and said "You will meet me in MY Office!" and then said "Mr.Branstone, thats well said, Anyone more wants to say some answers? asked Professor Snape and waited while still fuming at Ms.Granger!
Back to top Go down
Skylar Xaroth
Ist Year
Ist Year

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:42 am

professor, I would like to remind you that I'm in Slytherin not ravenclaw
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:57 am

"Oh! I am really sorry for that Black, Slytherin!" and for a bonus point, could you give us a way on how ministry can censor the use of Weather charms?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes~ Weather Charms!   Special Classes~ Weather Charms! Empty

Back to top Go down

Special Classes~ Weather Charms!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next