Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

My wand test

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eileen O'Doherty
Ist Year
Ist Year
Eileen O'Doherty

Ravenclaw
Badges : My wand test 2ngev12thjpgMy wand test 2ii97rmthjpgMy wand test 2vblx61thjpg
My wand test Tired
Hogsmeade Items : None
My wand test 011
House Points : 30

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

My wand test Empty
PostSubject: My wand test   My wand test EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:18 pm

I stepped into the store nervously, and jumped when the little silver bell sounded behind me. I had no idea what to expect! But I took a deep breath and made myself step farther into the cramped, dusty store. I've always loved learning, though, and soon I was so engrossed in staring at the mysterious thin, long boxes that lined the walls that I didn't even notice Mr. Ollivander standing in front of me.
"Yes, miss?"
Okay. I jumped. Again. But those black eyes were like holes, that seemed to drag me deeper and deeper... I shook myself. Relax, Eileen.
"Hello, sir. My name's Eileen O'Doherty. Erm, I need a wand?"
"O'Doherty, O'Doherty... it seems familiar.... Ah! You wouldn't be related to Mairead O'Doherty, would you? Fine witch, she was. Confident."
He didn't look so sure when he said that last word, but I nodded eagerly. "Yes! She was my great-aunt!"
"Miss Mairead bought a lovely, flexible wand. 11 3/4 inches. Birch with a core of Dragon Heartstring. I may be wrong about many things, but not these. Now, miss. Are you going to buy a wand or goggle?"
"Oh, sorry. How do I..."
Mr. Ollivander sighed and pulled out a measuring tape. It started zipping around me on its own, measuring my arms, my legs, my fingers... my ears?
"Pay attention. Wand hand?"
"Right, sir."
"Mm-hmm. Try this." He threw the lid off one box and thrust the wand inside at me. It felt awkward and stubby, but I reluctantly waved it, only to have the irritated wand maker snatch it from me with a snort. "No. That won't do at all. This one." I'd barely touched it before he snatched that one away, too. I tried wand after wand, and even sent his faded hat spinning off his head, before he brought out one more box.
"Here. 12 1/2 inches of Ash, a good healing wand. Leprechaun hair core, unusual, but I believe you are Irish." As soon as he pulled the wand out, something inside of me seemed to click, and I felt a slow sensation of warmth seep into me. Almost dreamily, I held my hand out, and Mr. Ollivander put it in my hand. I curled my fingers around it, and it was as if every grain in the wood was made to accommodate my hand. I raised it, and gave it a confident swish. A tiny flower twined out from the tip, budding as it rose, until it floated in the air before us as a silver orchid. It hung for a second, and then faded away, leaving a faint, sweet smell behind.
"Lovely," Mr. Ollivander breathed. "Well. The wand certainly chooses the wizard! Or witch, I should say, miss."
I paid and took the box he handed me, with my new wand inside it, still feeling that warm glow. I stepped out the shop and back into Diagon Alley.
It was time for new beginnings.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : My wand test Temp4710
My wand test 2ngev12thjpgMy wand test 2ii97rmthjpg
My wand test 2vblx61thjpg
My wand test Angelic
My wand test 011
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

My wand test Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wand test   My wand test EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:37 pm

~GRADED~
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info

My wand test
Page 1 of 1