Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Potions for first Years!!

Go down 
+4
Professor Flitwick
eric_17
hermione granger
Professor Severus Snape
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Mot10
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgPotions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpg
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 2vblx61thjpg
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Red_ci10
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Crappy
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions for first Years!!   Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Yes i know.... I remembered from what i had read today ....
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Draco Malfoy
4th Year
4th Year
Draco Malfoy

Slytherin
Remarks : Top Points Earner (April 2010) Registered Animagi : Steingear the Phoenix
Badges : Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Temp2710
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Tpe10
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Runn10
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgPotions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpg
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 2vblx61thjpgPotions for first Years!! - Page 2 Red_ci10
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Chatty
Hogsmeade Items : None
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 011
Status Message : We have an Ocean to study, we have a lake of lessons, we study a pond, we score a droplet, Then why study?....Lets just enjoy life!!!!
House Points : 2324

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Potions for first Years!!   Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:46 am

The Draught of Peace is a potion which relieves anxiety and agitation. Two of its ingredients are powdered moonstone and syrup of hellebore.

It is ironically a difficult potion to make, requiring that the brewer follow the directions carefully, because making a mistake can have drastic consequences. Adding too much of the ingredients, for instance, will put the drinker of the potion into a deep — and possibly irreversible — sleep.

The directions for making the potion are very detailed. Ingredients must be added in the exact order and amounts specified, and the potion needs to be stirred the correct number of times, both clockwise and counter-clockwise. Before the addition of the final ingredient, hellebore, the temperature of the flames must be lowered, and the potion allowed to simmer for seven minutes.

If brewed correctly, the potion will emit a silvery vapour, but the possible characteristics of a failed batch seem to be endless (everything from green sparks, dark grey steam, a sulfurous odour, a cement-like consistency, to a dangerous instability that will cause it to explode and set one's robes alight).

This was the first potion that Severus Snape assigned to fifth-year students in 1995. A lot of students did poorly, including Seamus Finnigan, Gregory Goyle, Neville Longbottom, and Ron Weasley. However, Professor Snape singled out Harry Potter, giving him the lowest grade out of the entire class.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubbies.forummotion.info
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Temp4710
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Potions for first Years!!   Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Mr Malfoy, that Last bit of Information was really unnecessary, anyway, 30 Points to Slytherin!
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Igor Karkaroff
Ist Year
Ist Year
Igor Karkaroff

Ravenclaw
Badges : Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgPotions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpg
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Relaxed
House Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: Potions for first Years!!   Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:17 am

Hello Proffesor Snape, im very sorry im late, well without more time passing i writed paragraph for draught of peace.

Draught of Peace relieves agitation and anxiety. Two ingridients are powdered moonstone and syrup of hellebore. It is very difficult to make this potion, direction for making it are very detailed. Adding too much ingridients will make the person sleep. Before the addition of the hellebore, the temperature of the flames must be low, and the potion allow to simmer for seven minutes.

If brewed corectly potion will have silvery vapour. But if not brewed good its posible that it will explode.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Temp4710
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Potions for first Years!!   Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:28 am

That was Igor, but make sure you dont lcome runnning and meekly say "Sorry professor, i am late" (Bear My Sarcasm,LOL) and you forgot to add an inportant points in your essay, mention that if brewed incorrectly, it may put the drinker to an irreversible sleep" and with that said I turned and smiled to the class and said "15 Points to Ravenclaw"

-Professor Severus Snape
Potions Master
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Aberforth Dumbledore
Ist Year
Ist Year
Aberforth Dumbledore

Gryffindor
Badges : Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgPotions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpgPotions for first Years!! - Page 2 2vblx61thjpg
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Lonely
House Points : 304

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Potions for first Years!!   Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 am

"Excuse Me professor but am ! late?" I asked meekly knowing I was late
Back to top Go down
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor
Remarks : The Only Wizard Lord Voldemort Ever Feared.
Badges : Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ngev12thjpgPotions for first Years!! - Page 2 2ii97rmthjpgPotions for first Years!! - Page 2 2vblx61thjpg
Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Relaxed
House Points : 745

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 10

PostSubject: Re: Potions for first Years!!   Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:15 pm

~Class Completed~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions for first Years!!   Potions for first Years!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Potions for first Years!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2