Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Forum Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Forum Review Temp4710
Forum Review 2ngev12thjpgForum Review 2ii97rmthjpg
Forum Review 2vblx61thjpg
Forum Review Angelic
Forum Review 011
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

Forum Review Empty
PostForum Review

This was another review, that was done of our forum.We owe everything to our members and staff that made this possible.

Quote :

Review for Hogwarts
Thedungeons.info

-Generalities (30marks)

When i clicked the link for your forum,i was waiting for a nice forum to see.The first thing i noticed while visiting it was the banner.It was related to harry potter,viewing the 3 heroes of the whole harry potter episodes and i noticed Lord Voldemort to the right side.Firstly i didnt know what your forum was about,even though the domain reminded me something about harry potter.I really liked the colors and they were matching with the skin.Actually,i didnt have to say that because onother thing i noticed was a theme changer!I was really excited seeing that and thats really good because if someone finds the default skin too dark or boring is really simple to change it to the one he wants and suits him best by just clicking a button!Onother thing i liked was a competition called "Termly House cup".That was really good!Onother thing that i noticed was the cursor.That was a great [Censored] for your forum and it made it look more and more related to harry potter.I am sure you are a passionate harry potter fan ;).The categories are ideal and combine everything related to Harry potter.You have The Great Hall,Hogwarts' classes,tournaments,grounds and the HeadMasters office!I have to say i was really impressed by your categories and they are really really close to the real hogwarts environment!So,i decided to register(Finally :P ) and see what more features i will see.To sum up, i had the best impressions about that forum,its really good designed,the categories are great!It reminds me a lot about Harry Potter movies!My mark here is 30/30,your forum deserves much more but i cant give you more points :) !!!.

-Forum Style (30marks)

The colors of your forum are great!Brown and black are colors very close to Hogwarts.Even if i didnt like the default colors of your forum,i could use your theme changer and i could choose the skin that fits me best!I really liked the neon skin it really matches with the toolbar at the bottom :P (i will comment it later).I also noticed that a theme(Hogwarts Ancient) has a small bug and the forum is displayed to the left side and there is a huge gap to the right side.I suggest you to fix that quick because it doesnt look good and makes the forum look unprofessional.The banner is very good designed,whoever first visits the forum can find out what your forum is about by just looking carefully at the banner.It is great designed,however i think it could look better if you added some blur efffects behind the characters' faces,its still great anyway ;) .Onother thing i really liked was the widget to the right giving you the opportunity to join some clubs like the Death Eaters and the Order of Phoenix.This was just great for me because it makes the forum look even closer to Harry Potter movies.The forum icons are just great,they are very close to Hogwarts and they remind me of The 4th Harry Potter movie.I adored the who is online image,it features magic which is the main feauture of Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry.The navbar is nice,its just links with small icons.It could be designed better,the good thing however is that it isnt hard to find what you want and you dont get lost.This is the main thing i want a navbar to have and you have that ;) .A thing i didnt like was the ranks of your forum.They are really boring and they look like they were designed really fast.They also dont match with the whole theme.I definetly suggest you to change them.I also didnt like the warning bars.The 100% full bar is green colored.That is really bad because as we all know orange is 99% used when you have recieved 1 or 2 warnings.Why not change its color to a green one?I also didnt like the send private mssage and report icons.They are way to big,however they are very good designed.Try resizing them.They are the same size as the New topic and Reply icons,which isnt really good.I really liked the Live Duel links and the Quidditch practise HTML page.This is exactly like the real Hogwarts!I noticed the "Wibiya" toolbar to the bottom.I didnt like it very much.For me it is something that you shouldnt use.It has so many features that are usuless for me.For example,there is a chatbox in the toolbar.Why use that when your forum has a chatbox by itself?It also has a recent posts link and i also think that is useless because you already have placed a widget to the right side which shows members recent posts!In conclusion,your forum looks great,however if you change some things it will look much better and more professional.An advice for me:Why not add a background music to play when visiting your forum?It will look unique and it will make your forum more alive and related to Hogwarts ;) .My mark here is 27/30 ;) .

-Usergroups (20marks)

Quote :
[ Professor ] [ Gryffindors ] [ Slytherins ] [ Hufflepuff ] [ Ravenclaws ] [ Detentions ] [ Hogwarts Officials ]
Your forum has groups very keen to Hogwarts!There are groups for the official 4 Hogwarts teams,the proffesor's group and the Detentions group(where Lord Voldemort is located :P ).These groups are great!You shouldnt delete some or add more.I also liked the Hogwarts Officials group which is something relavant to the VIP members group.Great job!20/20!

-Forum Activity (20marks)

Quote :
Our users have posted a total of 12378 messages
We have 169 registered users
The newest registered user is AHreviewer
In total there is 1 user online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 pm
I didnt see the "users connected during the last 24 hours" and i didnt like it.Why not add that?You will have the opportunity to see who is active on your forum and who not.Anyway, 12378 messages with only 169 users is a great achievement!Most users online 45 is an awesome achievement as well!Finally i found out how many users have been connected during the last 24 hours by looking the memberlist.16 members have been connected.Thats good,it could be better though.Only 16/169 registered members active is not a very satisfying number.My mark here is 18/20 ;) .

Total mark:
95%
You passed with A+!!!

Awards:

Great look award! Forum Review Appearance

Yours Cordially
The Dungeons Staff
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Share this post on: reddit

Forum Review :: Comments

No Comment.