Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor
Remarks : The Only Wizard Lord Voldemort Ever Feared.
Badges : Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2ngev12thjpgDefense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2ii97rmthjpgDefense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2vblx61thjpg
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Relaxed
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 011
House Points : 745

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 10

Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Empty
PostSubject: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 pm

*enters the classroom* Good Morning Everyone! Welcome to another Defense Against the Dark Arts class! Now, I dont like the prospect of you waiting too much, so today, we're going to peek into the section of jinxes!

A jinx is a spell cast to cause damage or other negative effect. A jinx is similar to a curse, but typically not as powerful or cast with such negative intention. Jinxes are part of defensive magic, although Dolores Umbridge tried to teach that spells should never be used in this way, even in self-defense or as part of a legitimate attack. She used the textbook Defensive Magical Theory by Slinkhard:

'He says that counter-jinxes are improperly named,'. 'He says "counter-jinx" is just a name people give their jinxes when they want to make them sound more acceptable '.

A jinx is removed or undone by a counter-jinx. Defenses against jinxes are called "anti-jinxes." Some jinxes are also referred to as hexes.

Warrington of Slytherin was hit with a jinx that made his skin look as though he were covered with corn flakes .

Madam Pince has been known to place jinxes on library books to protect them from students who might doodle on them, tear out pages, or keep them checked out for too long.

To repair the exploding toilet caused by Willy Widdershins, Arthur told Harry he would use a 'simple enough' anti-jinx.

*takes his wand out and speaks aloud* Now, Wands out Everyone! The first jinx you will be learning is....The Impediment jinx!

*clears his throat* The Impediment jinx stops or slows down an object! Very useful you see! I think that is good enough for you lot...now point your wand at ceiling and repeat after me!
The Incantation is Impedimenta! Its pronounced as "im-ped-ih-MEN-tah"

*raises his wand and shouts* IMPEDIMENTA! *it hits the ceiling and ricochets off.
Now thats good for now,

For Homework, Practise!

Last edited by Professor Dumbledore on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Temp4710
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2ngev12thjpgDefense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2ii97rmthjpg
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2vblx61thjpg
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 11:10 am

Severus Learned all very quickly after all thats one feeling he got-pride. ;) He raised his right hand and stretched while at the same time turned back his left closed fist and shouted "Impedimenta!!!" He slightly twitched his hand and to his utter amazement a jet of red light shot from his tip of the wand and it worked!!!

He then turned to see how VammpireLord would do it and it seems he was having some troubles with casting his Spell :shock:

Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor
Badges : Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2ngev12thjpgDefense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2ii97rmthjpgDefense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2vblx61thjpg

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 am

Good job Severus! But you dont seem to be fully in control of the jinx when you cast it...and for that, you need practice..

Take 20 points to Slytherin! Earn more by practise!
Back to top Go down
Professor Rubeus Hagrid
Professors
Professors
Professor Rubeus Hagrid

Ravenclaw
Badges : Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Temp2610
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Temp4610
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2ngev12thjpgDefense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 2ii97rmthjpg
Status Message : Is protecting the Forbidden Forrest!
House Points : 253

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:26 am

I was indeed having trouble with my spell. I tryed over and over again but never anything happend.
I watched Snape laughing at my attempts. I focused with all my mind and shouted Impedimenta. A beautiful jet of light erupted from my wand hitting a little bird that flew into the room. The bird lost his speed and slowly flattered on and out the window again.
Back to top Go down
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:18 am

*smiles* That will be 20 points to RavenClaw!
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 am

I said an OK and started to cast My spell more strong and suddenly,My wand produced green and blue sparks, and people All around me applauded, I thought with pride, I have practiced Enough and Patiently waited for professor Dumbledore who was surveying my wand at the same time Marveling Vampirlord's initiative to give out a fresh new Impedimenta...I stood smilingly at Professor Dumbledore while at the same time watched Hoe Vampirelord was doing through the corners of My eyes

Severus
Back to top Go down
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:56 am

Swiftly Done, Severus...which means another 30 points for Slytherin..!
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Mot10
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Red_ci10
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Crappy
Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:28 am

Even though i though i was good enough with this spell i kept practicing just in case. Every time nothing happened. I tried not to concentrate on anything else but the spell. Pnce the crowd was done clapping for professor snape i yelled "Impedimenta!!!' Blue and green sparks shot out of my wand instantly. None of the crowd cheered and i didnt care i was just glad i finally got time to concentrate on the spell.
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:04 am

Nice improvement there....try not to wave the wand too much, it should be a rather swift motion of the wand....like this.. *swiftly waves his wand and flicks to produce beautiful dark green light which travelled across the room and disappeared* Thats it! Why dont you try that once more, Miss Granger? *smiles kindly*
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 am

I was wondering if ever, Miss Hermione Granger payed Attention to what Professor Dumbledore was saying, but then when i turned to see VampireLord was again attempting a feeble try at one Impedimenta cast away.But then it did produce some results.I was thunderstruck when I saw Professor Dumbledore Awarding both of them Points.I took out my wand and did a fresh attempt at another Impedimenta and this time, It didnt give of any results!!!!.I shook my head and attempted again and this time I saw a small simmer of green light emmit from my wand!!!, but then i was worried on what is happening, Then with all my determination, cleared my throat and yelled "Impedimenta!!!" and Another strong yet healthy red light illumined my wand, being perfectly happy, I raised my hands to Professor Dumbledore, hoping he would ask me why I raised my Hands....*sigh*

Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:24 pm

I look at professor snape and skake my head. Listening t what Professor dumbledor was saying i tried again. As soon as i yelled Impedimenta a blue and greens sparks flew out of my wand. I sat dow happily at my desk and waited fer my results.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:27 am

i look around the room. i went over to professor vampire lord and tried to help him a little. i could see that profssor dumbledore was a bit busy so i didnt bother him. i saw that professor snape was getting good at the impedimenta spell. i flickered my wand without speaking to show professor vampirelord how to use his wand. when i flickered my wand bright green sparks flew out. i was excited that i could cast the spell without yelling impedimenta. I told professor vampirelord to focus on the spell and nothing else. i watched as he casted the spell.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:29 am

I raised my hand to see if i could show professor dumbledore that i could so the spell without saying a word. as i wait i see professor vampirelord practicing some more. i smile at him then i look at professor dumbledore working.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:32 pm

I watch professor vamirelord as he got better. I saw professor snape shoot his hand up just before I had went to help professor vampirelord. I grabbed a piece of scrap parchment and started writing with one hane while the other hand was still in the air.

I wonder y professor snape thought i wasnt listening. I finished writing and i opened a book that my muggle teacher asigned me to read. i was almost finished when i stoped 2 watch Professor Vampirelord.
Back to top Go down
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 am

Dumbledore moved on from student to student,examining their spell work as he went past them. He approached Hermione and raised eyebrows as her wand sent out sparks.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:33 pm

After professor dumbledore had sat back down i went back over to professor vampirelord. i showed him again how to do the spell. i quickly sat back down before prof. dumbledore turned around.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:47 pm

i looked around the room in amazement. I loved this room the most it wasnt ever cold and it wasnt ever to warm. I limped over to the window and looked out. i saw birds flying.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 12:43 am

I was just in time to bully Up everyone for not casting the spell as perfectly as Mine.I went to Ms agranger and VampireLord and said them "Errrm...you know? you should clear the throat before you can cast the spell, or its a waste of time....Hope you enjoy your lovely and utterly dismissive spell casting abilities" I smirked
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 am

I looked at professor snape coldly then i went back to helping professor vampirelord.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:46 am

i showed professor vampirelord 1 more time. I cleared my throat ad yelled IMPEDIMENTA.
i sat back in my desk (which was right next to professor vampielords. and waited to see how professor vampirelord would do
Back to top Go down
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 am

Dumbledore glanced at VampireLord,afraid that something would happen
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm

i sit at professor vampirelords desk and help him some more knowing that professor dumbledore is afraid. i hope nothing bad happens to me to but im not to scared
Back to top Go down
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:55 am

Dumbledore waited and waited and then decided to call it off.
"That is enough!" he cleared hos throat,"I want all my students to be able to cast a decent impediment jinx by our next class..thats alll...class dispersed!" Announced Albus, still gaping at VampireLord. There was something sunny with him. He wasnt exactly trying but then he summed it all up with a nice smile.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:03 am

I struggled to pool all my books and kept in the bag and walked away from the class...It was like a relief from heat ,I uttered coldly to myself and left the class, asking to myself why he did'nt give any homework,Anyway...I walked Away....

Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:06 am

i grabbed my crutches and left my books and quills behind. i followd professor snape out not thinkig about homework but thinking about the next class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)   Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Defense Against The Dark Arts! (Class 2)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next