Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Ready for a challenge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff
Badges : Ready for a challenge Mat_2010
Ready for a challenge 2ngev12thjpgReady for a challenge 2ii97rmthjpg
Ready for a challenge 2vblx61thjpg
Ready for a challenge Amused
Hogsmeade Items : None
Ready for a challenge 011
Status Message : It's Stir Fry-day
House Points : 564

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

Ready for a challenge Empty
PostSubject: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:27 pm

I've got a bit of magic under my belt. I'd like to start this term with a challenge!
Back to top Go down
http://albiontales.forummotion.com
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor
Remarks : The Only Wizard Lord Voldemort Ever Feared.
Badges : Ready for a challenge 2ngev12thjpgReady for a challenge 2ii97rmthjpgReady for a challenge 2vblx61thjpg
Ready for a challenge Relaxed
House Points : 745

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 10

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:39 pm

You are in a tunnel. The only way forward is to go straight. Its well lit up, and there are rocks all over the place,blocking your path.
Back to top Go down
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:46 pm

Professor Dumbledore wrote:
You are in a tunnel. The only way forward is to go straight. Its well lit up, and there are rocks all over the place, blocking your path.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" I shout, pointing my wand at the rocks ahead. One by one I pick them up and pile them neatly on the sides of the tunnel, leaving myself a small path to whatever lies at the end. Once the last set of rocks is pushed safely out of my way it looks like I can see the end of the tunnel. I begin to walk along my freshly made path.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Ready for a challenge Temp4710
Ready for a challenge Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:16 am

3 Large Firecrab just dropped down the path, she stood bewildered, ready to strike
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Professor Severus Snape wrote:
3 Large Firecrab just dropped down the path, she stood bewildered, ready to strike

"Oh snap!" I gasp as the ugly beasts fall before me. I take a step back to give myself some room and direct my wand towards the fire-crabs. They snap and hiss at me in anger but I hold my ground. I point my wand at one crab and cry, "Locomotor mortis!". The crab's six legs lock underneath it and it falls awkwardly to the ground. I quickly turn to the next one and shout, "Petrificus Totalus!" That crab fall rigid to the ground and looks slightly confused.

Unbeknown to me, the last and largest crab had been turning its' back on me readying its' rear end to shoot hot flames in my direction. I barely dodge the fiery blast, the rocks where I had been glowing red from the intense heat. "Curses," I whisper to myself. How could I enable it to take the offensive? I try to get in front of it again but it scurries too quickly, always keeping its' firing end pointed towards me. The firecrab readies to fire and I ready my wand.

"Agumenti!"

A jet of water shoots out from my wand and I see a burst of flames from the crab. The two elements collide and the air is filled with water vapor. A few flames lick passed my protective stream of water, burning my robes. I quickly put the fire out with my non-wand hand and paralyze the last beast. The air clears and I levitate a few rocks to block the fire crabs from following me. I continue down the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Well Done! As she walks through a tunnel, she notices a Large Wooden block o log, that cannot be moved with a levitation spell, neither can be vanished! She has to go through this before she can continue!
Back to top Go down
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Well Done! As she walks through a tunnel, she notices a Large Wooden block o log, that cannot be moved with a levitation spell, neither can be vanished! She has to go through this before she can continue!

"Hmm this is a bit of a nuisance."

I walk back and forth, examining the log, looking for any weaknesses. It looks like a pretty solid piece of wood. The monstrosity is blocking my way and I must find a way around it. I consider using the Incedio spell but figure that the log will take forever to burn and I would probably end up dying from smoke inhalation. There is not enough space above or to the sides of the log for me to simple crawl through. The situation seems hopeless until I remember a useful little ability I recently learned at school. Apparition.

I begin to feel nervous. I have only apparated for my exam and it was across an open room. I have never apparated around an object before! I tuck my wand safely into my robes and rub my hands together in anticipation. I back up a few feet giving myself room to run. Yes, my plan to get myself all the way through the log is to get a running start! Even though I can't see the other side I imagine it vividly in my mind. I take a deep breath to focus, breath out slowly, then break into a run. The log gets close and closer until *pop*

I burst through the other side and end up tumbling a few feet. Once I roll to a stop, I turn and look back. The log is there and I am in a new part of the tunnel! There is something black caught within the large trunk and I make it out to be a torn piece of my robe! I guess the first time I truly need to apparate wasn't going to be perfect. I stand up to dust myself off, shake my head at the missing piece of my robes and continue on.

I'm going to need some new robes after this. And probably a shower.

Back to top Go down
Professor Dumbledore
Head Of Staff
Head Of Staff
Professor Dumbledore

Gryffindor
Remarks : The Only Wizard Lord Voldemort Ever Feared.
Badges : Ready for a challenge 2ngev12thjpgReady for a challenge 2ii97rmthjpgReady for a challenge 2vblx61thjpg
Ready for a challenge Relaxed
House Points : 745

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 10

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:25 pm

As she moves along, two goblins comes out from their holes. One was carrying a spear and another one was carrying Devil's Snare.
Back to top Go down
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Professor Dumbledore wrote:
As she moves along, two goblins comes out from their holes. One was carrying a spear and another one was carrying Devil's Snare.

I quickly draw out my wand when the goblins appear. Generally they're civil creatures but these guys don't look to happy to see me. Expelliarmus! I shout as I point to the goblin with the spear. His weapon shoots out of his hands and lands at my feet. I pick it up with my non-wand hand and direct my next spell at the goblin with the Devil's Snare. Lumos! I cry and a beam of light shoots my wand, lighting up the tunnel and causes the Devil's Snare to shriek and writhe about. The goblin holding the Devil's Snare tries to control it but ends up being caught in its vines, incapacitating him. The second goblin tries to run but I trap him with the leg-locking curse.

I step gingerly over the squirming goblins and continue on my way.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:13 am

Just as Ms Lycos, attemted her daring feat and continued through the tunnel, Her eye lands on a bid flock of birds rushing towards her ready to attack! She stood there staring!
Back to top Go down
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Just as Ms Lycos, attemted her daring feat and continued through the tunnel, Her eye lands on a bid flock of birds rushing towards her ready to attack! She stood there staring!

My eyes widen as the large flock of vicious birds come racing towards me. I duck down on one knee and point my wand in the air. "Immobulus!" I shout and cover my head with my other arm to protect my face from any birds that may have flown passed my spell. There is a brief thundering of sounds of hundreds of wings above me and then silence.

I look up slowly and find the tunnel full of floating birds. I push passed them and continue down the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:59 pm

As she continued the Tunnel, she saw a door, when she was about to open the door and bright light thundered in the hall and to her utter amazement she saw a large serpent writhiling towards her, she knew this was the last challenge and then she could open doors!
Back to top Go down
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:11 pm

As she continued the Tunnel, she saw a door, when she was about to open the door and bright light thundered in the hall and to her utter amazement she saw a large serpent writhiling towards her, she knew this was the last challenge and then she could open doors!

"Oh no" I whisper to myself as the beast slithers towards me, "I need to think fast-" Before I even finish my thought the giant snake lunges at me, fangs bared and dripping with venom. I dive out of the way at the last second, the snake catching and tearing the ends of my robes. I quickly stand back up, wand poised and ready. "STUPEFY!!" I cry. A stream of red sparks shoot from my wand and hit the snake in the face.

It rears back for a moment confused and irritated. This gives me a chance to get behind it and think of my next move. The snake begins circling around looking for me, its tongue flicking through the air and that's when it hit me! Snakes smell with their tongue. I needed to use a spell that would disable its tongue and it would be able to sniff me out! I wait for the snake to circle towards me. Its head turns in my direction and I jump up yelling "LANGLOCK!!" The snake's tongue shoots back into its mouth and it shakes it head furiously, trying to move its tongue.

I begin to smile triumphantly but my spell causes the snake to writhe around more violently. I jump and dodge to avoid it's large body from crushing me against the hard floor of the tunnel. I can't kill the snake but need to get rid of it in order to finally go through the door. The snake gains its bearings once more and charges at me again. I point my wand at the ground a few feet in front of me and shout "DEFODIO!" Just as the snake reaches me, a hole forms beneath it and its falls. The snake hits its head on the edge of the hole and gets knocked out. Its slitted eyes roll back in its head and falls away.

I glance over the edge just to be sure the snake has been defeated when a single winged key flies up from the abyss. I quickly snatch it out of the air and bring it over to the door at the end of the tunnel. I place the key in and turn the lock. The door swings open.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:02 am

Congratulations on completing the Challenge, 100 points to Hufflepuff!
Back to top Go down
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:03 am

Thank you Professor! That was quite a trial!
Back to top Go down
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:39 am

When can I attempt another challenge?
Back to top Go down
Draco Malfoy
4th Year
4th Year
Draco Malfoy

Slytherin
Remarks : Top Points Earner (April 2010) Registered Animagi : Steingear the Phoenix
Badges : Ready for a challenge Temp2710
Ready for a challenge Tpe10
Ready for a challenge Runn10
Ready for a challenge 2vblx61thjpgReady for a challenge Red_ci10
Ready for a challenge Chatty
Status Message : We have an Ocean to study, we have a lake of lessons, we study a pond, we score a droplet, Then why study?....Lets just enjoy life!!!!
House Points : 2324

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:14 am

In two Weeks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubbies.forummotion.info
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:05 am

Ugh... TWO WEEKS? That's foreeeeeeeeever! :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready for a challenge   Ready for a challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Ready for a challenge
Page 1 of 1