Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Charms Teachings - 1st Class

Go down 
+2
Professor Flitwick
Professor Severus Snape
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Charms Teachings - 1st Class Temp4710
Charms Teachings - 1st Class 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 1st Class 2ii97rmthjpg
Charms Teachings - 1st Class 2vblx61thjpg
Charms Teachings - 1st Class Angelic
Charms Teachings - 1st Class 011
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

Charms Teachings - 1st Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:57 am

I took a parchment from my bag and started Scribbling "Memory Charms are generally intended to erase a specific memory. They are regularly used if a Muggle witnesses something related to the wizarding world; the Ministry of Magic has Obliviators remove their memories of the event, such as if a Muggle sees a dragon. Occasionally, a mass use of Memory Charms is necessary to cover up major incidents that violate the Statute of Secrecy" and I looked to Ms Granger, who was busy scribbling things in to her parchment, I then continued my work and wrote so....

"I brought a big bag of chocolates for my parents birthday, payed him and then turned back to see a poor lady asking the shop keeper a packet of Bread, he gave the packet of bread, and then to my horror the shop keeper started attacking the lady because she said she is a poor lady which works each day very hard for a square of meal, I decided I have to do my best, I quickly grabbed my wand and cried "Oblivaite" so the shop keeping wizard would forget about the money, and as immediately I casted it, I saw that the shopkeeper turned to attend his duties in his shop.I then turned to the lady and helped her to her house and I was more happy than ever in helping a poor lady"

I decided to give Professor Flitwick, an extra copy of a photograph I took when Professor Gilderoy Lochart was performing a Oblivitae charm which unfortunately, back fired at him!!

Charms Teachings - 1st Class 250px-Obliviate

Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff
Badges : Charms Teachings - 1st Class 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 1st Class 2ii97rmthjpg
Charms Teachings - 1st Class Bored
Hogsmeade Items : None
Status Message : Im small like a dwarf, with a long coat, and very long shoes, who am I ? Im Professor Flitwick !
House Points : 304

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:04 am

"I tuned To Professor Servus Snape (headmaster) and read his paper. Its stunning.
'Well done, very very weldone. I will award you 30 points to Slytherin' I turned back to my desk and started to rub the blackboard off"

Professor Flitwick
HufflePuffle House
Assistant Professor.
Back to top Go down
kingsleyshacklebolt
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw
Remarks : A slow student but very hard working.
Badges : Charms Teachings - 1st Class 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 1st Class 2ii97rmthjpg
House Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:02 am

i on it professor
now what
Back to top Go down
kingsleyshacklebolt
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Obliviate charm   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 am

I was on my way to class and i saw someone who i knew but dint klnow me they had forgotten me and they cased a love spell on me and i put a block aroud me and then he knew he couldnt do it to me so he went to his class and so did i and in class we learnt how to do memory charms and so i thought i could do it on him so then i went to my dcommon room and went to bed and went to sleep and then i woke up the next morning and went to my first lesson and we met again and he tryed the love spell on me again but before he could i cast the Obliviate charm on him and he remembered me so we talked for a little bit and we went to our class we was in the same class for the first lesson of the day .

I hope this will do for you, this was the best i could.

By Kingsleyshacklebolt.
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff
Status Message : Im small like a dwarf, with a long coat, and very long shoes, who am I ? Im Professor Flitwick !

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Its alright, but it doesn't tell me much about it, So for some homework due to by 13th March 2010 could you do a small essay at lwast 100-200 words on what the actual spell "Obliviate" means.

5 points to raven claw.
Back to top Go down
kingsleyshacklebolt
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Obliviate   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:15 am

It mean that if you cast it on anyone they will either forget or rememer there emory so that if you meant some one who you knew they forgot who you were then you could cast that spell on them and they should remember there memory.

Hope this was good enough for you i ttyed my best.

By kingsleyshacklebolt.
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff
Badges : Charms Teachings - 1st Class 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 1st Class 2ii97rmthjpgCharms Teachings - 1st Class 2vblx61thjpg
Charms Teachings - 1st Class Fine
House Points : 317

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:01 am

I walked through the door, and took my seat.

I picked up my bag and took a parchment, some ink, and a quil. And started to write.

Memory Charms are generally intended to erase a specific memory. They are regularly used if a Muggle witnesses something related to the wizarding world; the Ministry of Magic has Obliviators remove their memories of the event, such as if a Muggle sees a dragon. Occasionally, a mass use of Memory Charms is necessary to cover up major incidents that violate the Statute of Secrecy, such as the Ilfracombe Incident. Some Muggles often slip through the cracks in these situations, according to Blenheim Stalk in Muggles Who Notice. When particularly intense memories need to be erased, it often leaves the victim disoriented for a short period of time as happened with the Roberts family after the Quidditch World Cup in 1994.

However, if performed improperly, a Memory Charm can erase significant portions of an individual's memory and cause brain damage, with difficulty in recovery. For instance, Gilderoy Lockhart attempted to wipe the memories of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley during the events surrounding the re-opening of the Chamber of Secrets. However, Ron's damaged wand backfired, and caused Lockhart to suffer extreme amnesia. He is currently a permanent resident in the Janus Thickey Ward of St Mungo's. Despite his memories recovered enough to do joined-up writings and his love of signing fan letters, he has never fully recovered.

Also, Barty Crouch Sr. placed a Memory Charm on Bertha Jorkins to try to make her forget her discovery that he was keeping his son in captivity. But the charm he put was too strong so the charm damaged her memory permenantly.
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:33 am

Very Very good Professor Remus Lupin,

30 points to hufflepuffle.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Charms Teachings - 1st Class 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 1st Class 2ii97rmthjpg

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:30 am

I got filled in sarcasm and said Lupin 'You Know lupin, you might have earned more points if you attached some photoscripts so that your awful homework Looks More Presentable" I smiled and turned to see professor Flitwick strolling through the Class Room.....

Severus
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Charms Teachings - 1st Class Mot10
Charms Teachings - 1st Class Red_ci10
Charms Teachings - 1st Class Crappy
Charms Teachings - 1st Class 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:34 am

i listened to professor snape and looked around curriously. I didnt turn in my homework because i didnt have any parchment left to use
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:15 am

I almost grew impatient and asked Professor Flitwick "Professor Flitwick, do we have anything else to do other than writing This Essay? or do we do some practice work?" and then I leaned towards my desk and almost rested myself and waited for a reply from Professor Flitwick...

Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
kingsleyshacklebolt
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 am

Obliviate is a charm where it earases peoples memories. It was first used in the chamber of secrets by Lockhart who wanted to use it on Harry and Ron; the spell backfired because Rons wand was damaged, causing Lockhart to loose most of his memory (which he nevers recovers from).
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:16 am

' I turned to Professor Servus Snape and said Yes, I want you to write a small RP all of you on a time that you might or that you did use the spell, what happened? I went back back to my desk and picked up some parchment'

15 points to Raven Claw.
Back to top Go down
kingsleyshacklebolt
Ist Year
Ist Year

Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:21 am

I was on my way to class and i saw someone who i knew but dint klnow me they had forgotten me and they cased a love spell on me and i put a block aroud me and then he knew he couldnt do it to me so he went to his class and so did i and in class we learnt how to do memory charms and so i thought i could do it on him so then i went to my dcommon room and went to bed and went to sleep and then i woke up the next morning and went to my first lesson and we met again and he tryed the love spell on me again but before he could i cast the Obliviate charm on him and he remembered me because the dark lord casted a spell on him and didnt remember me so that is why i cashed the spell on him and, so we talked for a little bit and we went to our class we was in the same class for the first lesson of the day.

Hope this was good enough for you i ttyed my best.

By kingsleyshacklebolt.
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:48 am

15 points to RAVENCLAW!!

Eventhough you have made a few spelling mistakes, try to check your writing before submitting.
Back to top Go down
Igor Karkaroff
Ist Year
Ist Year
Igor Karkaroff

Ravenclaw
Charms Teachings - 1st Class Relaxed
House Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:36 am

Pronunciation: /oʊˈblɪvi.eɪt/ oh-BLIV-ee-ayt
Used to hide a memory of a particular event.
First mentioned (not by name) in the Philosopher's Stone by Ron that it was used on Muggles who have seen dragons. First used in Chamber of Secrets by Lockhart who wanted to use it on Harry and Ron; the spell backfired because Ron's wand had been damaged, causing Lockhart to lose most of his own memory (which he never recovers). In Goblet of Fire, it is used by an unknown Ministry worker on Mr. Roberts and later the rest of his family. In Deathly Hallows, Hermione uses the spell on two Death Eaters who had followed Harry, Ron, and Hermione after their escape from Bill Weasley and Fleur's wedding. Also used on Xenophilius Lovegood by Hermione after destroying his house in Deathly Hallows.
Latin oblivium meaning "forgetfulness".
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 pm

This class is closed

CLOSED

Flitwick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 1st Class   Charms Teachings - 1st Class Empty

Back to top Go down

Charms Teachings - 1st Class
Page 1 of 1