Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Care for Magical Creatures Number 6

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Rubeus Hagrid
Professors
Professors
Professor Rubeus Hagrid

Ravenclaw
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Temp2610
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Temp4610
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 2ngev12thjpgCare for Magical Creatures Number 6 2ii97rmthjpg
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 2vblx61thjpg
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 011
Status Message : Is protecting the Forbidden Forrest!
House Points : 253

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Empty
PostSubject: Care for Magical Creatures Number 6   Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:13 am

I stood waiting behind my desk waiting for the rest of the students to walk in. At 11am precisely i closed the door to start my lessons. Welcome, i said, to our lesson in Care for Magical Creatures. As always i will start with the grades from last class:
Josephine Lycos : 25 points, entertaining story!
Hermione Granger: 20 points
Professor Snape: 30 points. entertaining!
Ashe Mimmeaux: 20 points.

Now this class we will discuss one of the wizarding worlds most dangerous Creatures. I would like u to write down some general info on Manticore´s and then write a paper on how u would react if u where to encounter one! Also i would like to see if u can find out wich creatures the Manticore is related to (partially my fault as i bread them)
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Mot10
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 2ngev12thjpgCare for Magical Creatures Number 6 2ii97rmthjpg
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Red_ci10
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Crappy
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Number 6   Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Hermione walked in just before professor hagrid closed the door. "Good Day professor" She said tiredly. She sat at her desk, took out her quill and parchment now ready for class.

manticores are capable of speech but not clasified a being. they have a human-like head, lions body, and scorpions tail. The Manticore originated in Greece, and is as rare as the Chimaera. The sting of the Manticore is instantly deadly, and it is reputed to croon softly to its victims as it devours them. Manticore venom is instantly fatal. It uses this as a way to kill its prey, which it then devours while crooning softly. A Manticore's skin repels all known charms.

If i ever was to encounter with a manticore, i would probably want to fight it until either it was to weak to fight or i was severley injured. I dont think that I'd be very scared since i have encountered with many things wothout being scared. actually i think it would be fun to fight with one of these creatures.

i believe that maticores are related to a human, because of its human-like head, a lion, because of its lion-like body, and a sqorpion, because of its scorpian tail with a deadlystinger.

Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Manticore

Hermione read over her work then turned the paper in.
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Nicholas Ravenclaw
Ist Year
Ist Year
Nicholas Ravenclaw

Ravenclaw
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 2ngev12thjpgCare for Magical Creatures Number 6 2ii97rmthjpgCare for Magical Creatures Number 6 2vblx61thjpg
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Fine
Hogsmeade Items : None
House Points : 192

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Number 6   Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 6:37 am

Nicholas walked into his first care of magical creatures class. ,, Good Day professor,, and sat down near Hermione and prepared for class.

Manticore

Manticores
are found in the mountainous areas of Greece. They have the head of a man, the body of a lion, and the tail of a scorpion. Some have been known to have wings, but it isn't known if that is a normal situation, or an odd attempt by a wizard to create something worse than already existed. As might be surmised, Manticores are exceedingly dangerous, earning a XXXXX
(5X) rating from the Ministry of Magic.

While Manticores can speak, it is not wise to talk to them. They will use their speaking abilities to lure human prey close enough to eat. They are reputed to croon softly as theyeat. In
addition to the powerful body of a lion, the Manticore sting causes instant death. Of greater danger to wizards, Manticore skin repel almost all known charms. This, of course, makes their skin greatly prized.

Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Manticoren
Back to top Go down
Professor Logan Grey
Professors
Professors
Professor Logan Grey

Ravenclaw
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 2ngev12thjpgCare for Magical Creatures Number 6 2ii97rmthjpg
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Scared
Hogsmeade Items : None
House Points : 178

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Number 6   Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:51 am

Logan entered in class. Just in time where Professor Hagrid said the instructions. He immediately sat beside Nicholas. He put out his quill and parchment and started to write.

++++++++++

A Manticore...

What is a Manticore?

Well A manticore is a sentient creature, capable of intelligent speech but not classified as a being due to its violent tendencies, a manticore has a human-like head, a lion's body, and the tail of a scorpion. The tail secretes a venom that is instantly fatal to a victim of its sting. A manticore's skin repels virtually all known charms, so it is extremely difficult to subdue by magic.

Manticores are originated in Greece. Although this is never stated, it seems possible that like the acromantula, manticores may have originated as a wizard-bred species specifically created to guard treasures, strongholds, and the like, and thus serving as an example of why the Ban on Experimental Breeding is so important.

How would you react if you encountered a manticore?

If I would encounter a manticore, I will battle him/her/it to death. I'm a wizard even though I don't have a wand to use, I can still use potions and such, that's what a wizard/witch should do. Also its a pleasure to battle with one of the most dangerous creatures of the wizarding world.

Which creature does the Manticore related?

Actually that a really good question but still you'll already know what creature it is. Manticores are related to Humans for they have a human like head and can also speak like humans where they lure human prey. A lion for they have a lion's body. A scorpion for they have the tail of the scorpion.

Spoiler:
++++++++++

"Well, that's it." Logan said as he stood up and passed his work.
Back to top Go down
http://halfbloodrpg.darkbb.com
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Temp4710
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Number 6   Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:40 am

The manticore is a legendary creature similar to the Egyptian sphinx. It has the body of a red lion, a human head with three rows of sharp teeth (like a shark), and a trumpet-like voice. Other aspects of the creature vary from story to story. It may be horned, winged, or both. The tail is that of either a dragon or a scorpion, and it may shoot poisonous spines to either paralyze or kill its victims. The creature's feet may also be of a dragon, but are mostly referred to as lions paws.

In the middle ages, the manticore was the emblem for the prophet Jeremia because the manticore lives in the depths of the earth and Jeremiah had been thrown into a dung pit.

At the same time, the manticore became the symbol of tyranny, disparagement and envy, and ultimately the embodiment of evil. As late as the 1930s it was still considered by the peasants of Spain, to be a beast of ill omen.

The earliest accounts seem to be from Persian legend. The name itself is from the Old Persian martikhoras meaning 'man-eater'.

The earliest accounts of the existence of the manticore come from the Persian courts in the fifth century B.C., documented by Ctesias, a Greek physician at the Persian court. Greek and Roman authors (Aristotle, Pliny) described the beast the same way the Persians had.

Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Manticore

How I would react?

Seeing a Manticore, is not my bit of coffee, but still, My reaction would never be to pet it, but instead take out my wand and be ready to defend myself on any attack, if it seems alright, I would capture it and give it to the Ministry of Magic or Professor Hagrid, if he ever wants one, i am sure it would be one of his antique collection!
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Professor Rubeus Hagrid
Professors
Professors
Professor Rubeus Hagrid

Ravenclaw
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Temp2610
Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Temp4610
Status Message : Is protecting the Forbidden Forrest!
House Points : 253

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Number 6   Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:40 am

CLASS CLOSED![u]

Here are the homework points!
Miss Granger 20 points
Mister Ravenclaw 20 points
Prof. Grey 25 points
Prof. Snape 25 points

Sadly none of you could answer the question What creature is the manticore related to. Prof. Grey made a good try but he was wrong. Actually theyr closely related to blast ended skrewts after i breed them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Number 6   Care for Magical Creatures Number 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Care for Magical Creatures Number 6
Page 1 of 1