Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.

Go down 
+3
hermione granger
Professor Severus Snape
Professor Flitwick
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff
Badges : Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ii97rmthjpg
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Bored
Hogsmeade Items : None
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 011
Status Message : Im small like a dwarf, with a long coat, and very long shoes, who am I ? Im Professor Flitwick !
House Points : 304

Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Empty
PostSubject: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:29 am

"I walked into the classroom, and wrote on the blackboard the task, i said hello and sat down"

Your task:

I would like you to create a small story board on 3 charms of your choice, There should be 3 paragraphs for each charm and at least 1 picture representing the person who made the charm. More House points will be added if you add more detail.

"I told everyone to open their books and start their storyboard"
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Temp4710
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ii97rmthjpg
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2vblx61thjpg
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:59 pm

"Professor Flitiwck, could you be more precise on what you meant by saying a "story board", that term really confuses me?" inquired Professor Snape, who was very much confused on what to do, and he honestly waited for professor Flitwick to answer his question!

-Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Mot10
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ii97rmthjpg
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Red_ci10
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Crappy
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 am

yes professor flitwick.... the head master seems very confused... im as confused do u mean like...

Paragraph one- what spell u did y u did it and what it did.
paragraph two- what spell someone else didad whaty it did
Paragraph three- what spell u used and y and what happened.
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff
Badges : Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ii97rmthjpg
Status Message : Im small like a dwarf, with a long coat, and very long shoes, who am I ? Im Professor Flitwick !

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:48 pm

" Well forget story board, Do 3 paragraphs, each paragraph for a separate spell. Try to include as much as you can. And 3 pictures as well, one to each paragraph, if you wish to extend the amount of paragraphs i would be very great full"
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:03 pm

wait... are all spells counted as charms? if not can u give a list of possible charms?
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff
Badges : Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ngev12thjpgCharms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2ii97rmthjpgCharms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2vblx61thjpg
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Fine
House Points : 317

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:58 pm

I rushed into the classroom, and sat down at my desk.

I just about heard what Ms granger said.

"Yes, professor. Are Spells Counted As Charms? " I asked, while waiting for Professor Flitwick to relpy.

Remus Lupin
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 pm

" I excused Professor Lupin and then gave a list of charms that can be used-

Under A-
Accio
Aguamenti
Under B-
Bannishing Charm (oposite to accio)
Bubble head charm
Under C-
Caterwauling Charm
Cheering charm
Colour change Charm
Confundo

'I hope this helps you both' I wrote the list onto the black board and then sat back into my chair"
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:50 pm

I was there, walking through a dark and shabby room with wet floor, suddenly a small boy, I underestimated him for his age, but he was an excellent wizard, capable of performing even the most complex spell with just a swish and flick of wand....He raised his wand and yelled "Accio" I turned back to see a large wooden log, ruptured from the rooms poor interior flying at me ready to strike my forehead and knock me unconscious, i wasn't ready for this but i raised my want and casted a Banishing charm, which sent the log of wood flying back to where it must be and it fell to the floor, while I turned back and stared at the Boy!

Then I walked past the Wooden oak Doors and there he was, suddenly the boy came hurtling at me and pointed his wand and yelled "Petrificus Totalus" and I saw the doomed spell shooting straight at me, if I dont dodge or cast a counter charm I may not win, so its matter of memory , because It seems that i cant remember any, so i pointed my wand and said "Expelliarmus" and the green light shot from my wand to work out mischief....

Then i smiled at him, and ignored to go through the winding way around Hagrids Hut, when the Boy came back again, I asked him "Why are you starting to bother me, boy?!" and then he said "because , I am the Dark lord". I raised me eyes and asked "The Dark Lord?", I raised my eyes and wands and the yelled "Wingardium Leviosa" and I raised him to and banged him on the ground, undoubtedly knocking him and rendering him unconscious!

-Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:46 am

" I picked up Professor Snapes work, and smiled.
'This is very excelent, a wonderfull piece of writing. I tempt myself to give you 40 points but its too great' I smiled again and but the paper down.

50 points to Slytherin. And grade outstanding.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:40 pm

I was walking through the forest to meet with my friends. It was getting late and I was gonna be late... I suddenly realized that i forgot to bring some firewiskey. I whispered "Accio firewiskey." and a bunch of firewiskey filled my pack.

Once i got to where my friends were one of them was crying. I tried to calm them down but it all got worse. I used the cheering charm on her and laughed as she jumped up.. I walked around and talked to my friends. I looked at the dull light and i used the colour changing charm to change the light to a brighter color.

A friend had brought something she didnt need and asked me to get rid of it. I used the banishing charm and the object left. We played games and chatted for hours.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:53 pm

With a Humble mind I said to "Thankyou Professor Flitwick, its no wonder the Gryffindors are too pathetic!"
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 am

'Huhum Professor snape, i dont like bad talk against other houses, now if you please be quiet while i grade Hermiones paper' I said to Professor snape.
"I picked up the paper and shook it for it a while, a wonderfull peice of writing, maybe a bit mor detail but it has more charms in that needed, i smiled before the paper and then put it on the desk. I pulled out my green marker and graded Hermione"

Well done Hermione 45 points to Gryffindor, it need to make a bit more sense maybe with some more detail but with the extra charm i will hire it to 45 points. Grade Satisfactory.

Flitwick
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:53 pm

thank you professor... sorry that it wasnt neater... i was in a huge hurry... i will try to make it make sence next time..."
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:17 am

'It is okay Hermione, just dont your school work when in a hurry. There will be a end of term test for this class in 2 days, it will based on one charm, its not decided yet, It will be handed out on 12th april, and will handed back in by you on the 14th, if its not you will get a detention for 2 days and a small essay'
"I sat in chair and then flicked through my lesson planner and picked what task will be done next"
'Okay class, in your books do reasearch on ONE charm and then a small descriptiom of, like who made it, what film it wass used first. Things like that please'

Flitwick
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:04 am

The Latin word accio means "I call" or "I summon". In the Hungarian translation, the spell is called "Invito", possibly from the word "to invite".
The Summoning Charm is a charm that causes an object at a distance from the caster to fly into his or her arms. The caster must know the general area of the object in order to summon it, and the farther away it is, the harder it is to summon. The spell's incantation is Accio; the caster must point his or her wand at the desired item or name it. However there is some controversy on this claim as Hermione clearly stated in the 4th book that it does not matter how far the object is, as long as you have it clearly in your mind, you should be able to summon it with ease.

SUCCESSFUL ATTEMPTS

* Molly Weasley used several Summoning Charms to find many different magical sweets Fred and George Weasley were trying to sneak out of the house to the Quidditch World Cup in 1994.
* That same year, Hermione Granger taught the charm to Harry Potter, who later used it in the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament to summon his broom to him to outmanoeuvre the Hungarian Horntail.

Harry Potter used Accio in the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament.

* Barty Crouch Jr. (disguised as Alastor Moody) used the Summoning Charm to take the Marauders Map away from Severus Snape before he could read it

UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPTS

* Harry Potter tried to cast the charm while Hermione Granger was teaching him how to use it.
* Harry Potter tried to cast the charm wandlessly to retrieve his wand after Dudley hit him when they were attacked in 1995 by two Dementors sent by Dolores Umbridge.
* Bellatrix Lestrange tried to cast the charm on the prophecy at the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, but Harry managed to hold on to it

The Spell Appears Within All The Books starting from the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

-Severus
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:21 am

'Very good Head master. It is very detailed as usual and i will give you 40 points, hope you are getting ready for the big test in two days:)'
Back to top Go down
Draco Malfoy
4th Year
4th Year
Draco Malfoy

Slytherin
Remarks : Top Points Earner (April 2010) Registered Animagi : Steingear the Phoenix
Badges : Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Temp2710
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Tpe10
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Runn10
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 2vblx61thjpgCharms Teachings - 2nd Class. Red_ci10
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Chatty
Status Message : We have an Ocean to study, we have a lake of lessons, we study a pond, we score a droplet, Then why study?....Lets just enjoy life!!!!
House Points : 2324

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:37 am

The Disarming Charm is a defensive spell that aims to disarm an opponent, causing whatever is in the persons hand at the time, usually a wand, to fly out of his or her hand. It has been known to knock an opponent backwards in some cases. The charm's incantation is Expelliarmus.

The Disarming Charm can vary in colour and in its precise effects. Sometimes, it manifests as a "jet of red light", and knocks the victim backwards as well as disarms him or her. This is what happened to Viktor Krum in 1995. On other occasions, the charm does not have a colour, and instead simply makes a wand fly from the victim's hand. When Severus Snape cast the spell on Gilderoy Lockhart, it was shown as a scarlet ring surrounding the wand, with a streak of scarlet light heading towards Lockhart.

When Cho spoke the incantation incorrectly, Expellimellius, it set her friend Marietta Edgecombe's sleeve on fire. Sometimes when the spell is done weakly but not incorrectly it can make someones hair just stand on end or blow them back a few paces

Many people considered the Disarming Charm to be the signature spell of Harry Potter. Despite being taught it by the teacher he despised the most (Severus Snape, until the events of 1997), Harry found it quite useful and utilised it often in direct confrontation with another wizard. He became highly proficient with it in 1994 when practising for the Triwizard Tournament. At the end of the tournament, after he and Cedric Diggory were transported to the graveyard in Little Hangleton and Cedric was murdered, Harry faced the newly-restored Lord Voldemort in a duel. Voldemort used the Killing Curse and Harry used the Disarming Charm. Due to the natural brotherhood of Harry's wand and Voldemort's wand, both containing cores from the same source (that source being Fawkes, the pet Phoenix of Albus Dumbledore), both duellers' spells proved ineffective, creating the rare Priori Incantatem effect which greatly contributed to Harry's subsequent escape.

Many Death Eaters witnessed this, and took to believing that it was Harry's signature move. In the Battle over Little Whinging, they identified him as the real Harry Potter out of the "seven Potters" once he used the Disarming Charm against the Imperiused Stan Shunpike. Remus Lupin later chided Harry for using Expelliarmus in battle conditions, but Harry continued to value it; his argument being that hitting Stan with a stunning spell, as Lupin had suggested, could have ultimately killed him after falling from such a height. In his final duel with Voldemort during the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry again used a Disarming Charm against Voldemort's Killing Curse, repeating the event of 1994 with the exception of a Priori Incantatem effect taking place. This time, it was Harry's rightful ownership of the Elder Wand, being wrongly used by Voldemort, that led to Harry's victory. A property of the Elder Wand, it seems, is that it will refuse to physically harm its true master. Should it be forced to do so, as Voldemort did, the spell cast from the wand will have a mild to no effect on the target. Hence, upon meeting Harry's Disarming Charm in mid-air, the Killing Curse intended for the latter, rebounded on Voldemort, killing him immediately.

The Spell Have been used in all series from the Second Book!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubbies.forummotion.info
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:03 am

'Very well done Draco. A lot of information and in a lot of detail i award you with 40 points the same as Head master. Its very good and and if it becomes usual you will get more points.
Back to top Go down
Igor Karkaroff
Ist Year
Ist Year
Igor Karkaroff

Ravenclaw
Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Relaxed
House Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:13 am

Disarming Charm is a defensive spell that aims to disarm an opponent, It has been known to knock an opponent backwards in some cases. The charm's incantation is Expelliarmus.

Sometimes when the spell is done weakly but not incorrectly it can make someones hair just stand on end or blow them back a few paces. The Disarming Charm can vary in colour and in its precise effects. Many people considered the Disarming Charm to be the signature spell of Harry Potter. Despite being taught it by the teacher he despised the most (Severus Snape, until the events of 1997), Harry found it quite useful and utilised it often in direct confrontation with another wizard.
Known practitioners

* Severus Snape
* Harry Potter
* Ronald Weasley
* Hermione Granger
* Fred Weasley
* George Weasley
* Ginevra Weasley
* Sirius Black
* Remus Lupin
* James Potter
* Neville Longbottom
* Zacharias Smith
* Ernie Macmillan
* Colin Creevey
* Dennis Creevey
* Luna Lovegood
* Lord Voldemort
* Draco Malfoy

Expelliarmus has probably the most inconsistent effects of any spell of the series. In the Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban video games, Expelliarmus conjures a shield, identical in its effects to the books' Protego (used to repel the opponent's attacks), and does not physically "disarm" the opponent at all, though it is still called the "Disarming Charm". When Severus Snape cast the spell on Gilderoy Lockhart, it was shown as a scarlet ring surrounding the wand, with a streak of scarlet light heading towards Lockhart.

Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Expelliarmus.
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 am

'This is very well done Igor Karkaroff. I will award you with 40 points for the writing and another 10 for the extra picture. Very Very well done. Grade outstanding!'

50 Points to Igor Karkaroff (Ravenclaw).
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:37 am

Oh! I dont know from where these people manage to get my Handsome photos, perhaps I must copyright them to earn some knuts

-Severus
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 am

'Very Funny Professor snape, Okay today the essay starts. I would like 300 hundred words on the cahrm CONFINDUS. I may giove NO help to NO students so please donot ask for help on teh information of the charm. Though i can explain what you need to do. INCUDE ONE PICTURE!!'

Charm was changed (Professor snape does not have to do this as he had already done one with a differnt spell)

Last edited by Professor Flitwick on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 am

Avifors is a charm, though generally categorized under "Transfiguration" that is used to transfigure something into the shape of a bird and control them with the casters wands tip.This Extremely Difficult and complex Magic can only be performed by very advanced Wizards, which also require great patience to cast and learn.

This has been taught to students by then transfiguration Professors, Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall to first and second year transfiguartion students, given its nature of complexity, this is most ofently not seen in any of the Tests or OWLs.Its First Appearance was in the Video Games of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone and later appeared in all other versions, however the game toughest to be deemed as "Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix"

The Spell is most commonly used to create a decor effect in places by producing a flock of birds or used for using these birds for anything, that a wizard must want to.

Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. 250px-Avifors

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Sir, why do we need to Study and Write an Essay on Avifors, when this is not a Transfiguration Class?
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:36 am

Well, it says on the internet its a charm because you know that if i ask for an essay i do resaeach on the internet first on what spell to choose, then again you cant always trust the internet. I will leave yours as it is and grade it as it is but will change the spell (you donot have to this Professor snape) for the others. But any way, you get...

30 points because not the right amount of words was produced and a level 5c for good efforts and picture.

CHARM CHANGED TO 'CONFINDUS'

CHARM CHANGED

Professor Flitwick
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:02 am

"Errmm..., Professor Flitwick, can we have a grading scale? Like to know if 5c is a good grade or something like that? Or would it be better to grade our Essays with Our Grades like "Outstanding, Poor etc etc like in OWLS level Tests?" I asked Professor Flitwick and kindly waited for her to reply!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.   Charms Teachings - 2nd Class. Empty

Back to top Go down

Charms Teachings - 2nd Class.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next