Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff
Badges : Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ii97rmthjpgTransfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2vblx61thjpg
Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) Fine
Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 011
House Points : 317

Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) Empty
PostSubject: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:52 am

I opened the door, and walked into my class room. I pointed my wand at the black board. and it read "The Vanishing Spell"
I picked up ten very large books. and passed them to a studant. "Turn to page 45-46" I shouted.

I started to read out loud. 'The Vanishing Spell! It causes things to vanish, its incantation is Evanesco, which is Latin for "disappear."

The spell is considered one of the hardest spells to be tested in the Ordinary Wizarding Level exams. The class is first to Vanish snails, then mice, then kittens. Snails, being invertebrates, are considered easier to Vanish than the mice, which are mammals. As stated the difficulty of the Vanishing Spell increases along with the complexity of the animal to be Vanished.'

"Now, it's your turn"

H/W (home-work) :

You are going vanish a snail/kitten/ or mouse. And are going to explain what happened. (ect, did it go red instead?)

Extra Points:

Give me more information about the spell.

-Professor R. J. Lupin.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) Mot10
Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ii97rmthjpg
Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2vblx61thjpg
Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) Red_ci10
Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) Crappy
Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:06 am

I raise my hand and wait for and answer
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff
Badges : Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ii97rmthjpgTransfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2vblx61thjpg

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:17 am

"Yes ms granger?"

-Professor R. J. Lupin
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ii97rmthjpg

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:21 am

how am i sposed to y homework when i cant use magic?
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) Temp4710
Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:42 am

I entered The class and understood, Professor Lupin wants The Homework Doen ASAP, I scribbled so fast that most of them really gazed at my speed and here is what I submitted -

"The basic form of Vanishing is the Vanishing Spell. Taught in fifth year Transfiguration, this spell is usually cast using the incantation Evanesco which is Latin for "vanish." McGonagall starts students out with Vanishing invertebrates-- snails--and then works them up to mice because they're more difficult. Interestingly, a mouse made to Vanish incompletely will then exist simply as a wriggling tail. This suggests a connection to the concept of Splinching, where a person who incorrectly Apparates leaves some body parts behind. This problem, though serious, is not fatal, so the body parts are presumably still connected in some way to the Splinched person. In this way, the rest of the mouse is happily existing in some other location, and the tail, while separated by distance, is still linked to the rest of the animal.

Invisibility cloak It is quite evident, then, that anything Vanished does not cease to exist. The potions both Snape and Hermione made Vanish must have ended up in a drain or other disposal location then. The maps and charts that were Vanished in the kitchen of Grimmauld Place also must have moved to a cupboard or other storage place.

The Evanesco spell apparently doesn't need an object word (you don't have to say "Evaesco Potion," for example). The intent of the caster provides the needed focus on a particular object.

The Vanishing Cabinet on the First Floor of Howarts makes things Vanish, sending them who knows where. They come back after a while, although the effect can be very disorienting. When Montague was stuffed into the Cabinet, he reappeared some days later, crammed into a toilet. He was out of his mind in the Hospital Wing for a long time after that, recuperating.

Many forms of Wizarding transportation may be built around the Vanishing Spell. The Portkey, for example, is a form of carefully controlled Vanishing. Using Floo powder may also involve the Evanesco spell effect.
Diricawl
Some magical creatures have natural Vanishing ability. The Diricawl is an excellent example of this. The phoenix can also disappear from one location and reappear in another.

house-elves have the ability to Vanish at will. This is not Apparating, although it resembles it; it is a natural ability of the elf.

I smiled and waited for Professor Lupin to Reply!!
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:43 am

I looked at professor snape thinking he was lcky. I couldnt use magic or write so i just sat and waited
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:50 am

I turned around and Saw Ms Granger, sitting there doing nothing waiting for professor Lupin to reply to her, but I see that Professor lupin, is totally Ignoring her, i sneered at her and Asked "Granger, I belive Gryffindors are doing everything so that they could win the house cup at the end Of term?" and I looked down to her leg and smiled and asked "Oh, what happened to your Leg?, what gave you such a pathetic condition that you cant even write an essay?" I smi;ed yet again and continued asking her "You know usually most houses does a good job in aquiring house points, though its such a pathetic condition that the so said Brave Gryffindors cannot bypass the Slytherin in achieving the first House Cup!!" I exclaimed and turned back....

Snape
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 am

I looked at professor snape coldly and said " It's not pathetic. i got hurt by the same professor 2 times and if thats what u wanted to know We are trying as hard as we can to get the cup also.. " I pilled out a quill from my pack and set it down, I started murmering words and watched the quill write my homeword assignment
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:58 am

"Anyway, I believe that you are in a wheel chair, Well you should have got down the tree ASAP as Professor Lupin asked you, Am I right...and why do you keep climbing trees? are you just like some tree creatures or Squirrel, so you keep climbing the tree each time?" I sneered at her, at another time and continued my sarcastic remarks on her, by saying "Trying is worth it Ms Granger, but it is equally important that we must achieve it.Gryffindors are just like people who have no determination to do anything, though you only even try!!...trying is not to be creditable, it must yield some results...poor Ms Granger"

Severus
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:02 am

I shake my head and pick up the quill, " he never asked me to get down from the tree... he just used magic and knocked me down. and who caes if i like climbong trees? its my thing whe i havent a.... Something to draw i climb trees or nithing but read. and thanx alot now i have to start over my quill wrote all that u said. " I put the quill down and let it rewrite my homework
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:31 am

I messed up again and when i looked for another piece of parchment i couldnt find any. I found something that looked like a dragon egg in my pack. * closed my pack quickly and picked up my wand with my unbroken hand and whispered Evanesco so that no one would know that i had had a special quill. I threw away my parchment and waited.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:41 am

I sighed a very deep sigh and pulled out my wand from my robes and concentrated more on the snail that was wriggling like a Hospitalized patient in front of me, waiting for its turn to see what will happen.I smiled a last and highly curved smile on the snail and waved my wand and said 'Evanesco' and to my horor, though I thought it would get completely vanished, I was bewildered to see that the body of snail vanish and thier long round and curvy structure into bits!!! I sneaked at ms Grangers table and came back to my desk and waited for professor Lupin to comment while sheepishly blushing at the entire class and Professor Lupin

While Professor Lupin came by, "No piece of parchment Ms Granger, Pathetic! Shall I lend you one if you want, though i am not sure if Slytherins could handle you out a peice of parchments, you gryffindors are very much selfish and in a pathetic condition!" I sneered at her and then turned to my desk

Severus Snape
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:20 am

I looked at professor snape and said, " bo need to lend me some parchment.... And we gryffindors arent in pathetic conditions....
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:36 pm

"Very good snape!, 45 points to Slytherin!!!"
"Keep doing it!!" i shouted, so all could here.

-professor R.J Lupin
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:41 pm

I watched as the little cat got ready to chase a small mouse. I thought it would be disgusting to watch the cat rip the mouse to shreads so i whispered "Evanesco" so quietly that no one could hear me. I watched as the mouse ran away scared that i might make it dissapear next and i laughed when the cat dissapeared.
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:39 am

"20 points to gryffindor!"
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:41 am

thank you...
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:24 pm

I watched Ms Granger, and smiled at her and then tried another attempt on that 'Evanesco' Spell. I took a snail and concentrated more on that, I chuckled at the snail, closed my eyes and readied myself to perform one of the most complex spells, Transfiguration had come across!

The I comcentarted more, closed my eyes and spelled 'Evanesco' so loud that almost all students and some fellow Ravenclaws at the back yelled and looked at me, though i understood one thing, I smiled when I saw, my snail fully vanished. I blushed at professor Lupin and Waited for him to either grant me a Detention or take Points (Thats what I expected) and thought in my mind 'Oh i hope, he sees the magic I performed before he gets on Me!' and waited....

Severus
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:33 pm

I was drawing a picture when i heard professor snape talk loudly. I looked up and saw the snail on his desk vanish.

I grabbed a kitten from the cage and watched it curl up on my lap. I hated kittens because they somethimes killed snakes ( my favorite animals). I consentrated hard and whispered "Evanesco'" so quietly it was hard to hear me. I looked at the kitten lying there. I blinked and the kitten was gone. I smiled brightly knowing that i was getting better at the spell.
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 am

"Serverus, please do be more quite, 15 points from slytherin!."
"And since you made a snail disapear, 10 points TO slytherin*
"And ms granger, 20 more points to gryffindor."

-Professor R J Lupin
Deputy Head Master
Head Of Hufflepuff

/Edited/
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:52 am

'Oh! Sorry Professor...I didn't Mean To" I turned to Ms Granger and asked 'You think no one really saw that Ms Granger?, Gryffindors always think too highly of them, yet they are so lamentable!!!" I commented and shot a sharp look on Ms Granger!
Back to top Go down
nevillelongbottom
Ist Year
Ist Year

Slytherin
Badges : Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ngev12thjpgTransfiguration Class (Lesson 5) 2ii97rmthjpg
Hogsmeade Items : None
House Points : 82

PostSubject: vanishing spell   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:48 am

I was very eager to reach the common room and try out the vanishing spell.
I took out the snail and with flick of my wand casted the spell .but it was not
a sucessful one the snail just changed its colour...
I was a bit depressed
Back to top Go down
Professor Remus Lupin
Deputy HeadMaster
Deputy HeadMaster
Professor Remus Lupin

Hufflepuff

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Give it more effort Mr Longbottom!
10 points to slytherin for trying.
10 Points To Slytherin

-Professor R J Lupin
-Deputy HeadMaster
-Head Of Hufflepuff
-Transfiguration Professor
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:54 pm

I looked at professor snape confused... " Saw what professor" i asked. I looked in my pack for my wand. "Professor lupin... I think someone stole my wand or the ministry took it so i cant practice anymore." i waited fer both professors to reply
Back to top Go down
Skylar Xaroth
Ist Year
Ist Year

Slytherin
Hogsmeade Items : None
House Points : 166

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 3:19 pm

- - I walked in and sat by my sister and noticed the chair was hard and uncomfortable. I couldn't wait to move on to another class to get out of this hard chair so I grabbed a slug and said "Evanseco" quiet enough that I didn't disrupt class but loud enough the professor could hear me.

- - When I saw the snail magically disappear, I wondered where it was going as I didn't want slug slime all over my newest clothes. I then asked, "Professor, How do we make the object visible again? That information would be quite helpful to us students."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)   Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5) Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration Class (Lesson 5)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next