Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fennec
Ist Year
Ist Year
Fennec

Hufflepuff
Badges : Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ngev12thjpgOllivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ii97rmthjpg
Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) Sneaky
Hogsmeade Items : None
Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 011
Status Message : Don't. Just Don't.
House Points : 20

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) Empty
PostSubject: Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)   Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:54 pm

"We're leaving!" A voice sounded from the upstairs. Groaning, I rolled over in the bed, pretending to still be asleep. Ten more minutes - just ten. "Get down here right now Jared, so help me - you'll have to sleep with the house elf for the rest of the month!" Rising slowly, I stretched, looking outside at the lawn. It was turning brown from the summer heat- father never really cared much about lawn care anyway. Mother was too busy gossiping with friends or buying little trinkets in Diagon Ally to show off to the very same friends. Whatever. Trinkets were nothing.

As it turns out - today was my trip for school supplies to the very same ally. As it turned out - I had forgotten. Heading down the stairs, I looked around to see my family seated at a rectangular table, all dressed. My older brother Cassius and my younger brother Michael - next to my mother Alexandra and my father Pierce.

"Why in heaven's name aren't you ready to leave?" My mother shot me a warning glance as a small elf teetered over with coffee for father and milk for my brothers. "You have ten minutes. Get dressed. We're going to Diagon Ally to get all the things you'll need for Hogwarts." Cassius looked at me with a smug smirk - he was, in all cases, the biggest jerk that ever walked the earth, or so I thought. Slytherin pride of the crop. Not me. I was normal, average and well - a little plain. Michael wouldn't go for two years - so I couldn't count on him for anything.

Bolting back up the stairs, I changed into my plain robes - Cassius' old ones without his house logo on the upper left breast pocket. Brushing my dark hair back, I glanced in the mirror for a moment to think about what could be done about the freckles that dotted my face just under my eyes. Small - much smaller than a normal person's freckles - hardly noticeable really, but they bothered me. Maybe I'd learn a spell to get rid of them. Or make my brother's head inflate.

Racing back down the stairs, I waved my hands. "Okay - okay! Let's go now." Siren, our elf, offered my some toast with jam and I turned it down as the family walked to the clean fireplace. It was only used for the Flu Network, a fire had never been lit inside of it and the white marble was annoyingly flawless.

We all took turns, except my father, taking some powder and throwing it into the fireplace - saying clearly where we'd like to go. I'd been there before, Diagon Ally, Cassius had gone three times already and we did a lot of shopping around the area. This time, well - it was mostly for me. My hands wandered from my pocket to hang, limp, at my sides.

Mother lead us down the streets, getting a few "Morning Mrs. Fennec."s from the clusters of people in front of various shops. Maybe it was because we were one of the better off families, but she did seem to have many, many friends. She glanced back at me, frowning slightly at my slow pace. "Hurry up Jared, we need to get you a wand first and then the books, I think - maybe there'll be a new . . . . " She trailed off - talking only to herself now. The excitement built up inside of me. A wand? For me? Oh ho ho - wizarding world, you best be watching out. I'm in the game now!

We entered a shop with a sign hanging out front, creaking in the small breeze as we let the door click closed behind us. Cassius looked bored while I headed up to the counter, looking over it to try and see if there was any life in the dusty looking room. After a few moments of silence, a man appeared beside me - gray hair and a rather interest look on his face. "Young Mr. Fennec - how do you do?" He hopped off of a ladder and walked to the counter to look at me, as if he were trying to measure something with his mind.

"Er - great." I said, scratching the back of my head.

"Cassius too - how wonderful. Now. On to business. A wand." Ollivander, as I knew he was called, retrieved a box from a self, handing it to me. "Worked for your mother, how about Holly 9" Phoenix Feather core?" I barely touched it before he took it away. "No - no - this won't do at all."

What seemed like an eternity passed before he handed me a long box, covered in dust. "Maybe you're more of a father's boy? Yes?" I took a black and mahogony colored wand from the box. "Elm, 11", Dragon Heartstring." As soon as the wood touched my fingers, I knew it was the wand for me. I wasn't leaving the shop without it.

"That's right. Well - looks like we've found the one, haven't we?" Ollivander was handed some coins from my mother while I played with the new piece of wonder in my hand and my brother rolled his eyes. "Don't get cocky- it's just wand." He told me, clasping my shoulder and walking a way.

"Not just any wand, my wand." I whispered, more to myself any anyone else.

Last edited by Fennec on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Lilly Evans
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Lilly Evans

Gryffindor
Badges : Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ngev12thjpgOllivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ii97rmthjpgOllivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2vblx61thjpg
Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) Busy
Status Message : Lily Evans+ Severus Snape= Cutest couple in the series, it shoulda happened
House Points : 2941

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)   Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Wow, That's great! I absolutely love it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fennec
Ist Year
Ist Year
Fennec

Hufflepuff
Badges : Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ngev12thjpgOllivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ii97rmthjpg

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)   Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Aw - thanks. I wish I had more time to do it.
Back to top Go down
Professor Lilly Evans
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Lilly Evans

Gryffindor
Badges : Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ngev12thjpgOllivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ii97rmthjpgOllivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2vblx61thjpg
Status Message : Lily Evans+ Severus Snape= Cutest couple in the series, it shoulda happened

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)   Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Yeah, Then it might be a novel ^.^
Back to top Go down
Fennec
Ist Year
Ist Year
Fennec

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)   Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:13 pm

I mean, to make it better - more grammatically acceptable. What can I say? I failed. Now all we do is wait, right?
Back to top Go down
Professor Lilly Evans
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Lilly Evans

Gryffindor

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)   Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:34 pm

It's much better than mine was, and yes, now we wait.
Back to top Go down
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) Temp4710
Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ngev12thjpgOllivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2ii97rmthjpg
Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) 2vblx61thjpg
Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)   Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Wonderful! 75 points to Hufflepuff!!

The Wand Badge have been attached to your profile!
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Fennec
Ist Year
Ist Year
Fennec

Hufflepuff

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)   Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)   Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ollivander's Wand Shop (Jared Fennec's First Wand)
Page 1 of 1